Dis-Chem, South Africa’s largest pharmacy chain, is inviting qualified graduates to submit an application and qualify for its Internal Communications Graduate Programme at its Midrand offices in Gauteng. If you’re interested in applying, be sure to review the minimum qualification requirements before doing so.
As the operator of the country’s largest and most popular chain of pharmacies, Dis-Chem has 165 stores that generated a total revenue amounting to R21.4 billion in 2019. It has exclusive label products, sells online and offers a loyalty programme. In 2016, the company unveiled its plans to double its outlets all the way to 2021.
DisChem Internal Communications Graduate Programme
The main objective of this role is to support the development of internal communications used by the Company for its employees. In addition, the successful candidate will contribute in the delivery process of organizational culture projects and creative communication concepts to enhance engagement.
The specific duties and responsibilities of the incumbent include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance with the implementation of internal communication plans and ensure on-time delivery of all designated projects
- Share input regarding stakeholder requirements e.g. company announcements, key messages, multimedia, meeting presentations, and talking points
- Provide assistance with copywriting duties including content design and development e.g. employee newsletters or HR communications
- Carry out research on key messages to improve positive engagement
- Conceptualize and recommend creative ideas for positive and innovative company messaging
- Assist the internal graphics team with content creation and facilitating activities
- Comply with timelines set for standard monthly activities such as health days, observance and religious days
- Help the internal communication and Culture team with conceptualizing, planning, and execution of initiatives and events
- Actively take part in company events and gather content for internal distribution
- Collaborate with stakeholders to make sure objectives are clear and provide assistance with key projects with the Culture and IC teams
Who should apply?
To be eligible for the position, applicants must meet the following minimum qualification requirements:
- Holds an undergraduate degree in Communications or any relevant qualification
- No more than a year of relevant work experience
- Knowledgeable in relevant legislation
- A South African citizen with a valid driver’s license and own transportation
- Fully vaccinated against SARS-Covid-19
- Holds an MIE, with no derogatory criminal and credit records
- Able to identify solutions to possible issues and instances of escalation
- Capable of delivering facts and ideas in writing and in an easy to understand language
- Foster commitment and cooperation within the team to achieve deliverables and goals
- Able to interact with people and eager to share and receive new knowledge
- Acknowledges the importance of procedures
- Trustworthy, dependable, and practices efficient time management
- Knowledgeable in MS Office tools e.g. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
What is the selection process?
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Dis-Chem works to adhere to its Employment Equity Plan and policies in its recruitment process. Moreover, the company supports the recruitment of people living with disabilities.
*** RELATED GRADUATE JOB OPPORTUNITIES ***
- See all the latest Internship job listings here.
- See all the latest Graduate programme listings here.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants are to fill out the online application form on Dis-Chem’s recruitment page. Click on the link below to access the page.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 21 March 2022.
If you do not receive feedback about your application within two weeks after the deadline, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
If you wish to contact Dis-Chem’s head office in Midrand, Gauteng, call +27 11 708 9500.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Dis-Chem Internal Communications Graduate Programme 2022 advert.
If this internship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships open for application.