South African financial services group, Discovery Ltd., is calling on qualified graduates to apply for its Commercial Technical Consultant Internship 2022 intake. Interested? Be sure to go over the basic eligibility criteria and competency requirements of the role if you’re intending to apply.
About Discovery Ltd.
Headquartered in Sandton, Discovery Limited is a South African financial services company that offers short and long-term insurance, investment, asset management, employee benefits and savings through its many brands and companies. Such companies include Discovery Health, Discovery Insure, Discovery Vitality, Vitality Life, HumanaVitality, and Ping An Health to name a few.
Established in 1992 by Adrian Gore, Discovery Ltd. became JSE-listed seven years later and has expanded its reach from South Africa to the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore and China.
Discovery Commercial Technical Internship 2022
The successful candidate will be part of Discovery Insure, one of the country’s fastest growing short-term insurance providers with a wide selection of protection against current and emerging risks clients face in the home, business, and motor insurance sectors
Duties and responsibilities
- Comply with role mandates, risk, compliance, and reinsurance requirements
- Analyze new business, servicing, and and anniversary in line with mandates
- Follow risk management rules, rating, and insurance laws
- Render decisions on price, policy, and acceptance terms and conditions in line with the mandate
- Track and communicate policy updates regarding multi-claimant, risk reduction requirements, and going off risk cases
- Determine underwriting issues and recommend possible solutions
- Establish and maintain mutually beneficial relations with external and internal customers
- Conduct quality assessments of new business and current plans
- Carry out audits on policies based on criteria defined by technical and business underwriting
- Underwrite risk with validation triggers
- Accomplish daily, weekly, and monthly reports regarding SLA, volumes, etc…
Who should apply?
Applicants who meet the role’s basic eligibility requirements listed below are qualified to apply:
- Holds a BComm Risk Management degree
- A BSc degree is an advantage
- Have not been part of any internship or graduate programme
- Must have no work experience
How do I apply?
Applicants will need to register an account on Discovery’s online recruitment portal to apply. Click on the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting
Should you have questions about the internship, send an email enquiry to the recruitment team at email@example.com.
Click the link for a PDF copy of the Discovery Commercial Technical Internship 2022 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internship listings that are currently accepting applications.