South African financial services group, Discovery Ltd., is calling on qualified graduates to apply for its HR Generalist Internship 2022 intake. Interested? Be sure to go over the basic eligibility criteria and competency requirements of the role before applying.
About Discovery Ltd.
Headquartered in Sandton, Discovery Limited is a South African financial services company that offers short and long-term insurance, investment, asset management, employee benefits and savings through its many brands and companies. Such companies include Discovery Health, Discovery Insure, Discovery Vitality, Vitality Life, HumanaVitality, and Ping An Health to name a few.
Established in 1992 by Adrian Gore, Discovery Ltd. became JSE-listed seven years later and has expanded its reach from South Africa to the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore and China.
Discovery HR Generalist Internship 2022
The HR Generalist (or Human Resources Administrator) Intern’s main responsibility is to assist Discovery Bank’s HR Team in rolling out various HR strategies including the delivery of various HR services. Moreover, the HR Generalist Intern is expected to:
- Acquire exposure to the whole HR value chain starting from Operations (onboarding, recruitment) to particular functions e.g. wellness, compensation and benefits
- Provide assistance with attracting and recruiting the best talent for the Bank
- Take responsibility of all facets of the recruitment administration process
- Promote the culture and values of the Organization and ensure employee interaction at all times
- Acquire knowledge of the Discovery Wellbeing offering and develop as an advocate for employee wellness
Who should apply?
Applicants must meet the role’s minimum eligibility criteria and skills requirements to apply:
- Holds a Human Resources, Social Sciences, or Psychology degree
- Good background in Microsoft Office applications is a definite advantage
- Possesses a genuine interest in people and people development
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Good eye for detail and operational focus
- Effective verbal and communication skills
- An agile learner with a sound passion for growth and personal development
- Comfortable dealing with change
- Experience is not a requirement
How do I apply?
Applicants will need to register their profile on Discovery’s online recruitment portal apply. Click on the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting
Should you have questions about the internship, send an email enquiry to the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the link for a PDF copy of the Discovery HR Generalist Internship 2022 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internship listings that are currently accepting applications.