South African financial services group, Discovery Ltd., is inviting qualified individuals to apply for its Data Analyst Internship for 2022. If you’re interested, be sure to go over the details and minimum eligibility requirements of the internship before applying.
About Discovery Ltd.
Headquartered in Sandton, Discovery Limited is a South African financial services company that offers short and long-term insurance, investment, asset management, employee benefits and savings through its many brands and companies. Such companies include Discovery Health, Discovery Insure, Discovery Vitality, Vitality Life, HumanaVitality, and Ping An Health to name a few.
Established in 1992 by Adrian Gore, Discovery Ltd. became JSE-listed seven years later and has expanded its reach from South Africa to the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore and China.
Discovery Ltd. Data Analyst Internship 2022
The successful intern will be part of Discovery Insure’s Risk Intelligence Unit and is primarily responsible for providing assistance with report production, maintenance, and analysis.
The internship runs for a duration of 12 months with the potential of permanent employment at the end of the programme.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform data extraction for clients by writing SQL queries
- Assist with basic analytics requests
- Generate and manage regular risk reports as well as reporting processes
- Contribute to report and process automation
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to meet the minimum eligibility requirements as listed below:
- Completed matric
- Holds a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, or any equivalent qualification
- Knowledgeable in the following:
- Basic SQL
- MS Excel (intermediate)
- SSRS/PowerBI reporting applications (highly desirable)
- Must possess the following attributes
- Sharp eye for details
- Reliable with meeting deadlines
- Communicates clearly
- Effective work management and prioritization
- Able to cope with work pressure
- Comfortable with adapting to change
- A team player in a multi-discipline setting
- Keen on growth and learning
What is the selection process?
The Company will be selecting candidates based on its approved employment equity targets, and as an equal opportunity employer, people living with various disabilities who meet the minimum qualifications are highly encouraged to apply.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to access the Company’s online recruitment platform and register an account to be able to apply. Click the link below to start the process:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For more information about this internship, send an email to email@example.com.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Discovery Ltd. Data Analyst Internship 2022 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. View our other graduate programmes and internships that are actively accepting applications. Don’t miss out on the latest graduate programmes updates.