South African financial services group, Discovery Ltd., is inviting qualified individuals to apply for its Data Internship for 2022. If you’re interested, be sure to go over the details and minimum eligibility requirements of the internship before applying.
Headquartered in Sandton, Discovery Limited is a South African financial services company that offers short and long-term insurance, investment, asset management, employee benefits and savings through its many brands and companies. Such companies include Discovery Health, Discovery Insure, Discovery Vitality, Vitality Life, HumanaVitality, and Ping An Health to name a few.
Established in 1992 by Adrian Gore, Discovery Ltd. became JSE-listed seven years later and has expanded its reach from South Africa to the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore and China.
Discovery Ltd. Data Analyst Internship
The successful intern will be part of Discovery Insure, a fast-growing, short-term insurance division of Discovery Ltd that offers insurance protection to the home, motor, and business insurance industries against emerging and current risks.
The main purpose of the Data Analyst Intern is to design and modifying MIS systems and business intelligence. In addition, the intern will consult with business stakeholders as well as subject matter experts to identify problems and needs and create analytical solutions and business dashboards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Solve ad hoc analytical problems
- Develop and maintain automatic SSRS reports and PowerBI dashboards
- Present and communicate solutions
- Execute advanced strategies in collecting, studying, and analyzing data
- Identify improvements for existing business processes
- Identify tasks that can be automated
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to meet the minimum eligibility requirements as listed below:
- Holds a degree in bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, or any relevant qualification
- Must have not attended any graduate programmes or internships in the past
- Must have no experience in any private or government institution
What is the selection process?
The Company will be selecting candidates based on its approved employment equity targets, and as an equal opportunity employer, people living with various disabilities who meet the minimum qualifications are highly encouraged to apply.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to access the Company’s online recruitment platform and fill out the online application form. Click the link below to start the process:
No deadline is set for the submission of applications as of this posting.
For more information about this internship, send an email to email@example.com.