South African financial services group, Discovery Ltd., is calling on qualified parties to apply for its Operations Analyst Internship Programme for the 2020 financial year.
Headquartered in Sandton, Discovery Limited is a South African financial services company that offers short and long-term insurance, investment, asset management, employee benefits and savings through it many brands and companies. Such companies include Discovery Health, Discovery Insure, Discovery Vitality, Vitality Life, HumanaVitality, and Ping An Health to name a few.
Established in 1992 by Adrian Gore, Discovery Ltd. became JSE-listed in seven years later and has expanded its reach from South Africa to the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore and China.
Discovery Ltd. Operations Analyst Internship Programme
The first internship programme the company launched was in 2006 and has empowered the lives of its more than 480 graduates. This particular internship programme’s primary purpose is optimization and operational analysis.
The duties and responsibilities of the Operations Analyst Intern are as follows:
- Conduct process and data analysis
- Execute implementations that will standardize, automate and optimize operational processes
- Perform configuration, set up and training to ensure operational execution
- Provide support with high-level check and balance or quality assurance
- Perform operational support
- Establish solid working relationships with stakeholders
- Manage access control
- Perform audits and requirement specifications
- Develop healthy working relationships with external service providers
Who should apply?
Candidates will need to meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for the internship:
- Hold a degree in Business Management, IT or Informatics
- Completed Grade 12/Matric
- Knowledgeable in SQL syntax, a definite advantage
- Know how to use Microsoft Excel
- Preferably with some background in system analysis, performance analysis and data analysis
- Have not joined any internship or graduate programme in the past
- Must not have acquired any work experience
- Must be between 18 and 30 years of age
- A South African national by birth or have become legally naturalized before 27 April 1994
How do I apply?
If you meet the eligibility requirements and would like to apply, create an account on Discovery’s recruitment page. Click here to set up your account. Once done with the account setup, or if you already have an account, log in and use the Job Req ID 31963 to easily pull up the appropriate advert.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For technical issues with your login credentials, contact the company directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications or CVs sent to this email will be rejected.
Click here to view the Discovery Ltd. Operation Analyst Internship Programme 2020 advert.