Distell is inviting suitably qualified graduates to submit their applications for an opportunity to join the company’s Corporate Communications Internship Programme for 2020.
Based in South Africa, Distell is a leading alcoholic beverages company serving a broad selection of consumers all around the globe. The company’s popular line of beverages include Savana, Amarula, Durbanville Hills, Hunter’s Dry and Nederburg.
Distell boasts a R21.5B annual turnover and employs close to 5,500 people.
Distell CARA Communications Internship Programme
The successful applicant will be signing a 12-month contract as part of Distell’s Corporate and Regulatory Affairs department housed in the company’s Libertas Parva facility in Stellenbosch and will be reporting to the Group Manager of Corporate Affairs. The internship will start on 1 February 2020 and will conclude on 31 January 2021.
As a Communications Intern for the CARA, the incumbent will gain practical working experience in the following areas:
- Provide assistance with editing and copywriting work in media releases and web content for publication on other platforms
- Help with creating and publishing internal articles on a wide range of internal platforms such as newsletters and online
- Create content and manage internal television platform
- Provide assistance in generating social media content such as in Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Monitor, track and analyze media coverage on different platforms such as in social media and broadcast
- Develop and manage a complete media list geared towards business, consumers, trade, health and policy development
- Organize media tours, visits and other promotional events
This is for temporary position that will run for 12 months. Permanent employment within the company is not guaranteed at the end of the programme.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants must satisfy the following basic requirement in order to qualify for the internship.
- Holds a Master’s or Honours degree in journalism or communication
- Has an outstanding academic record
- Knowledgeable in MS Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding presentation and proofing skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Energetic and highly motivated
- Good relationship building skills
- A quick and agile learner willing to learn areas covered by media relations
- Must have working knowledge African and SA media landscape
- Highly organized and keeps a systematic approach and able to track workflow
- Able to work independently
- Holds a driver’s license and has own vehicle
Click the link to view the Distell SA Communications Internship Programme 2020 advert
How to Apply
Qualified applicants will need to register an account and log in to Distell’s recruitment portal to be able to apply. Moreover, make sure to submit the following supporting documents:
- A letter of motivation
- Comprehensive CV
- Grade 12 certificate (certified copy)
- Copy of ID document (certified copy)
Click here to register an account. Use the reference number 15961 to find the advert and apply.
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is on 21 August 2019.
Click here to know more about Distell SA