Distell SA is inviting suitable and interested graduates to submit their applications for an opportunity to join the company’s Group Accounts Internship Programme for 2020.
Based in South Africa, Distell Ltd is a leading alcoholic beverage company serving a broad selection of consumers all around the globe. The company’s popular line of beverages includes Savana, Amarula, Durbanville Hills, Hunter’s Dry and Nederburg.
Distell boasts a R21.5B annual turnover and employs close to 5,500 people.
Distell SA Group Accounts Internship Programme
Distell’s Group Accounts Internship Programme is designed to provide hands-on work experience specifically for undergraduates pursuing their final year of studies and are required to gain such work experience in order to complete their qualification.
As part of the Group Accounts team, the successful interns are to gain needed exposure in the following key learning opportunities:
- Utilizing monthly tracker in GAMs attributed to a particular Group Account Sales against Distell and Channel
- Using OTIF reports which covers monthly and year-to-date reports view By Segmen
- The use of tracker and 4A analytics
- Cluster listings utilizing Power Pack as guide
- Creating and managing Rep tracker on listings
- Conduct pricing and claims analytics to facilitate HIVE claims and EDI ordering
- Manage master data in GWL portals
- Manage and facilitate claims
- Providing assistance with account plan updates
- Performing other admin tasks as needed
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to meet these minimum requirements in order to be considered for selection and participation in the internship:
- Must be in their final year of completing tertiary education (bachelor’s degree or diploma)
- Knows how to utilize MS Office programmes e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Effective skills in communication and conducting presentations
- Effective time management practices
- Able to seamlessly multi-task and deliver results in a high pressure work environment
- An effective team player
- A South African citizen, preferably with a valid driver’s license
- Able to commit to a 12-month internship contract
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who are interested in pursuing this internship position will need to create a profile on Distell’s official recruitment page. Click here to get started.
If you already have set up a profile, go ahead and log in and use reference number 16095 to pull up the internship advert.
You will need to prepare the supporting documents shown below for uploading during the application process:
- Letter of motivation/cover letter
- Comprehensive and updated CV
- Letter from the school stating the required internship including evaluation format
- Grade 12 certificate (certified copy)
- Scholastic records from a tertiary institution (certified copy)
- South African ID (certified copies)
- Valid driver’s license (certified copies)
Keep in mind that incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 11 December 2019.
For further enquiries about the internship, call Distell directly at +27(0) 21 809 7000.
- How long will it take to complete the internship?
This internship runs for a duration of 12 months, and will start on 1 February 2020 and ends on 31 January 2021.
- Where will the internship programme take place?
The incumbent will become part of the Distell’s Group Accounts department located in Techno Park, Stellenbosch, in Western Cape.
- Is there an option to extend or long term employment?
Successful interns will be given the opportunity to perform and possibly qualify for long term placement within Distell.
Click the link to view the Distell SA Group Accounts Internhip Programme 2020 advert.