Distell is inviting suitable candidates to apply for its Human Resources Internship Programme intake for 2023 at its Gauteng offices. Take a moment to review the role’s basic eligibility criteria and job description if you intend on applying.
Based in South Africa, Distell is a leading alcoholic beverage company serving a broad selection of consumers all around the globe. The company’s popular line of beverages includes Savana, Amarula, Durbanville Hills, Hunter’s Dry and Nederburg.
Distell boasts a R21.5B annual turnover and employs close to 5,500 people.
Distell Human Resources Internship 2023
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the Human Resources Internship role is based at Springs Production. The primary objective of this internship opportunity is to equip interns in their last year of pursuing qualification essential practical work experience within a work environment or to fulfill a prerequisite for qualification.
This 12-month internship starts in February 2023 and ends in January 2024. During the internship, the Human Resources Intern will gain exposure in the following key learning areas:
- Training and development
- Human Resources planning
- Recruitment and selection
- General administration and documentation
- Labour law and industrial relations
- General administrative assistance
- Project management
An opportunity for permanent employment in the Human Resources Department may be available upon the intern’s successful completion of the internship.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Must be in the final year of qualification toward a relevant tertiary degree or diploma
- Proficient in MS applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Able to perform under pressure in a multi-tasking role
- Able to perform tasks within a team
- A holder of a valid driver’s license is a preference but not a requirement
- A South African citizen
- Must be able to commit to the 12-month internship contract
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on Distell’s online recruitment platform. Also, be sure to prepare the required documents listed below:
- Letter of Motivation/cover letter
- Comprehensive and up-to-date CV
- Certified copies of academic records of tertiary level education (progress report) as well as Grade 12 certificates
- A Certified true copies of South African ID
- A certified true copy of the driver’s license
Once ready, click on the link below to get started:
Ref. no: 19669
The deadline for submission of applications is on 15 December 2022
For more information, contact Distell directly at:
Tel: +27 (0) 21 809 7000
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Distell Human Resources Internship 2023 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.