Distell Group Ltd. is a multinational brewing and beverage company with headquarters in Stellenbosch, South Africa. Usually referred to as Distell, the company produces and markets fine wines, spirits, ready-to-drinks, and ciders. As of 2014, this brewing company has employed 5,300 employees in several countries worldwide. Their annual turnover in 2014 was posted at ZAR 17.7 billion.
Distell is a result of a merger between Distiller’s Corporation and Stellenbosch Farmers’ Winery, two major alcoholic beverage makers in South Africa. The merger was finalized on 4 December 2000. Several other mergers happened since then, including that with Burn Stewart Distillers and SABMiller. Distell then bought 26.4% of Anheuser-Busch InBev’s acquired state soon after.
Distell Internship Programme 2019
Distell is offering internship programmes spanning the value chain within the organization. These include Finance, Marketing, ICT, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Engineering, and more. Upon successful completion of the internship, candidates may apply for any relevant positions that are available at the time.
The Distell Internship Programme aims to provide practical on-the-job experience to graduating students in need of in-service work exposure to gain qualification.
Another goal of the programme is to provide recent graduates who have yet to find a job and require actual work experience. Selected interns are to undergo a 12-month internship that will start on 1 February 2019 and ends 31 January 2020.
Upon successful completion of the internship, applicants can apply for a relevant position according to the company’s needs. Possible positions may be open in the following departments:
- Human resources
- Supply chain
Requirements or Eligibility
Candidates must posses the following to apply for an internship:
- In final year of study/tertiary education qualifying for a degree in Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, etc
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Able to work with other teams within the business organization
- Keen attention to details
- Familiarity with MS Excel, Word, Power Point
- Eagerness to learn and make a difference
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation is important
If you meet the minimum requirements, prepare to submit the below documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Certified true copy of Grade 12 certificate
- Certified copy of academic record
- Letter from tertiary institution
- Certified copy of ID
- Format for evaluation submitted to tertiary institution
Once you have all the minimum requirements, go to their website and register to start the application process. Find and click on the below link that will bring you the registration page:
Opening and Closing Dates
The programme will be accepting applications until 28 September 2018.