Distell South Africa is welcoming applications from suitable individuals who are interested in qualifying for its Trade Marketing Internship Programme for 2021. Check the important details of this role, particularly the minimum qualification requirements, before sending an application.
Distell Group Ltd. is a multinational brewing and beverage company with headquarters in Stellenbosch, South Africa. Usually referred to as Distell, the company produces and markets fine wines, spirits, ready-to-drinks, and ciders. As of 2014, this brewing company has employed 5,300 employees in several countries worldwide. Their annual turnover in 2014 was posted at ZAR 17.7 billion.
Distell is a result of a merger between Distiller’s Corporation and Stellenbosch Farmers’ Winery, two major alcoholic beverage makers in South Africa. The merger was finalized on 4 December 2000. Several other mergers happened since then, including that with Burn Stewart Distillers and SABMiller. Distell then bought 26.4% of Anheuser-Busch InBev’s acquired state soon after.
Distell SA Trade Marketing Internship 2021
Reporting to the Catman and Merchandising Manager, the successful candidate will be part of the Trade Marketing Department, and will be contributing to the following aspects of the organization:
- Trade channel management
- Collecting consumer, market, and competitor intelligence
- Region, channel, and customer analysis
- Consumer and trade promotion management
- Tracking brand performance
- Driving promotional effectiveness
- Procurement and management of merchandise
- Sales force briefing
- Managing 3rd party agency
- SAP CRM or Qlickview budgetary and system control
Who should apply?
The applicant must meet the following minimum requirements in order to apply:
- Must be in their final year of tertiary education studies
- A South African citizen
- Knows how to use MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Sound time management skills
- Able to multi-task even under pressure
- Capable of working in a team
- Owns a reliable vehicle and capable of travelling locally
- Amenable to a 12-month contract
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to apply will need to prepare the following support documents:
- Motivational or cover letter
- Comprehensive CV
- Academic records, including Grade 12 results (certified copy)
- Letter from the tertiary institution
- Format for evaluation as required by the tertiary school
- Certified true copies of identity documents
When ready, click here and register your profile to start the application process.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 27 November 2020.
Reach Distell SA’s head office in Stellenbosch by calling +27(0)21 809 7000, or sending them an email at email@example.com.
- How long will it take to complete?
The internship will fun for a duration of 12 months.
- Where will it take place?
Successful candidates will be working out of Distell SA’s head office in Stellenbosch.
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Distell SA Trade Marketing Internship Programme 2021 advert.