Distell SA is inviting suitable Grade 12 and National Diploma holders to submit their application for an opportunity to join its NQF3 Packaging Learnership intake for 2023 at its Nederburg winery in Paarl, Western Cape. Be sure to take a quick look at the minimum eligibility criteria and job description of the role if you intend on applying.
Based in South Africa, Distell Ltd is a leading alcoholic beverage company serving a broad selection of consumers all around the globe. The company’s popular line of beverages includes Savana, Amarula, Durbanville Hills, Hunter’s Dry, and Nederburg. Distell boasts a R21.5B annual turnover and employs close to 5,500 people.
Distell NQF3 Packaging Learnership (Temp) 2023
Reporting to the Packaging Unit Manager, the successful candidate is expected to achieve the following skills:
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic machine operations within a manufacturing/packaging environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of the microbiology aspect within a food handling environment
- Keep track of critical control points as a key component of HACCP system
- Adherence to quality control practices within a sensitive consumer product operation
- Proficiency in the following processes in an automated food and beverage packaging line
- palletizing and depalletizing
- Carry out first line maintenance
- Apply problem-solving methodologies
- Shortlisted candidates must be willing to take a formal assessment
- Successful candidate must be amenable to a medical evaluation
Who should apply?
Only applicants who satisfy the role’s minimum eligibility requirements listed below may apply:
- Completed at least Grade 12 or a relevant National Diploma qualification
- Preferably with tertiary degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- A relevant background from a high-speed/production packaging environment is a definite advantage
- Good written and communication skills
- Knowledgeable with safe working procedures
- Able to work independently in a high-pressure work environment
- A good team player
- Proactive and able to focus on mechanical/technical tasks
- Amenable to work shifts and long hours
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on Distell’s online recruitment platform. Click the link to get started:
Ref. no: 19661
The deadline for submission of applications is on 05 December 2022.
For more information about the internship, contact Distell directly at:
Tel: +27 (0) 21 809 7000
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Distell NQF3 Packaging Learnership (Temp) 2023 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.