Distell SA is inviting suitable and interested graduates to submit their applications for an opportunity to join the company’s Quality Control Internship Programme.
Based in South Africa, Distell Ltd is a leading alcoholic beverages company serving a broad selection of consumers all around the globe. The company’s popular line of beverages include Savana, Amarula, Durbanville Hills, Hunter’s Dry and Nederburg.
Distell boasts a R21.5B annual turnover and employs close to 5,500 people.
Distell Quality Control Internship Programme
The purpose of Distell’s Quality Control Internship Programme is to provide students an opportunity to acquire hands-on work experience as a requirement towards completing their chosen field of study. Through this internship programme, successful candidates can look forward to assimilating knowledge in a number of essential learning areas, including, but not limited to the following:
- Quality assurance that covers both extrinsic and intrinsic quality control, and Quality Management Systems
Who should apply?
Only applicants who satisfy the programme’s eligibility requirement will get some feedback on the status of their application. These basic qualifications are as follows:
- Applicants must have recently completed or be in the process of completing their last year of qualification in the following areas of study:
- National Diploma in Food Technology or Analytical Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology or any relevant qualification
- Basic background in using Microsoft Office apps such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Impressive time management and multi-tasking skills
- Able to thrive in a high pressure office environment
- A good team player
- Able to manage the physical demands of the job
- Amenable and physically fit to work after hours
- Must have access to reliable transportation getting to and from work
- Able, committed and dedicated to finishing the graduate programme
How do I apply?
If you meet the initial requirements and would like to apply for this internship position, click here to access the account creation page. Once done, use the job reference number 16421 to pull up the job advert.
Be sure to prepare the required documents listed below:
- Letter of Motivation/cover letter
- Comprehensive and up to date CV
- Certified copies of academic records of tertiary level education (progress report) as well as Grade 12 certificates
- Certified true copies of South African ID
- Certified true copy of driver’s license
Deadline for submission of applications is on 12 December 2019.
For more information about the internship, contact Distell directly at:
Tel: +27 (0) 21 809 7000
- How long will it take to complete the internship?
The internship runs for a period of 12 months. It starts on 1 February 2020 and will end on 31 January 2021.
- Is this a full-time or part-time position?
The successful applicants will be signing a contract for a full-time position.
- Where will the internship take place?
Interns will be carry their Quality Management duties at Distell’s Wadeville Quality Control laboratories.
Click on the link to view the Distell – Wadeville – SA Quality Assurance Internship Programme 2020 advert.