Distell SA is inviting suitable graduates to submit their application for an opportunity to join its Quality Internship 2023 intake at its Stellenbosch site in Western Cape. Be sure to take a quick look at the minimum eligibility criteria and job description of the role if you intend on applying.
Based in South Africa, Distell Ltd is a leading alcoholic beverage company serving a broad selection of consumers all around the globe. The company’s popular line of beverages includes Savana, Amarula, Durbanville Hills, Hunter’s Dry, and Nederburg.
Distell boasts a R21.5B annual turnover and employs close to 5,500 people.
Distell Quality Internship 2023
Reporting directly to the Intrinsic Quality Manager, the successful candidate will be part of the Quality Department working out of Distell’s Adam Tas Cluster in Stellenbosch. The purpose of Distell’s Quality Internship Programme is to provide students an opportunity to acquire hands-on work experience as a requirement towards completing their chosen field of study. Through this internship, successful candidates can look forward to assimilating knowledge in a number of essential learning areas, including, but not limited to the following:
- Quality assurance that covers both extrinsic and intrinsic quality control, including Quality Management Systems
This internship starts on 1 February 2023 and ends on 31 January 2024.
A similar temp Quality Internship is also open at Distell Monis, Paarl Cluster.
Who should apply?
Only applicants who satisfy the programme’s minimum eligibility requirement may apply. These basic qualifications are as follows:
- Applicants must have recently completed or are in the process of completing their last year of qualification in the following areas of study:
- National Diploma in Food Technology or Analytical Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology or any relevant qualification
- Basic background in using Microsoft Office apps such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Impressive time management and multi-tasking skills
- Able to thrive in a high-pressure office environment
- A good team player
- Able to manage the physical demands of the job
- Amenable and physically fit to work long hours
- Able, committed and dedicated to finishing the 12-month internship opportunity
- Must have access to reliable transportation coming to and from work
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on Distell’s online recruitment platform. Also, be sure to prepare the required documents listed below:
- Letter of Motivation/cover letter
- Comprehensive and up-to-date CV
- Certified copies of academic records of tertiary level education (progress report) as well as Grade 12 certificates
- A Certified true copies of South African ID
- A certified true copy of driver’s license
Once ready, click on the link below to get started:
Ref. no: 19643
Ref. no: 19660
The deadline for submission of applications for the Adam Tas Cluster is on 25 November 2022.
The deadline for Paarl Cluster, Monis applications is on 13 December 2022.
For more information about the internship, contact Distell directly at:
Tel: +27 (0) 21 809 7000
Click on the link to view the Distell Quality Internship 2023 advert page.
Click on the link for the Distell Quality Internship (Temp) Paarl Cluster, Monis 2023 advert page.
Do not post queries if this internship opportunity is no longer available.