Distell is calling on suitable graduates to submit their applications for an opportunity to join the company’s Sustainability Internship Programme for 2020.
Based in South Africa, Distell is a leading alcoholic beverages company serving a broad selection of consumers all around the globe. The company’s popular line of beverages include Savana, Amarula, Durbanville Hills, Hunter’s Dry and Nederburg.
Distell boasts a R21.5B annual turnover and employs close to 5,500 people.
Distell Sustainability Internship Programme 2020
The main objective of Distell’s Sustainability Internship Programme is to provide the successful candidate to gain essential work experience working in the company’s Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Department in Liberta, Stellenbosch. Reporting to the Group Manager: Sustainability, the incumbent will serve a 12-month contract which starts 1 February 2020 and ends by 31 January 2019. This internship will allow participants to further expand their technical skills, industry knowledge, as well as their academic foundation.
The duties and responsibilities of the selected interns will include the following:
- Provide assistance in SD strategy implementation following specific SD plans within main focus areas
- Provide support in KPI development and dashboard reporting regarding SD management in order to monitor and generate progress reports
- Participate in related industry think tank events on SD management
- Perform internal and external stockholder engagement to make sure the company’s SD management is viewed as a public good and not as a public service
- Create mutually beneficial situations for businesses and communities around efficient SD management
- Provide help in harmonizing interests and goals or relevant stakeholders even in the presence of conflicting goals
- Help the department in building relationships with industry players, NGOs and government to further promote Distell’s SD campaigns
- Assist the company in becoming a leading force among its peers and related FMCGs regarding SD management
- Evaluate and provide feedback regarding SD applications
- Be proactive in the evaluation process of the effects and social return of investment of specific SD initiatives
- Conduct project visits, work with beneficiaries and keep updated on the status of SD initiatives and deliver progress reports
- Compile and create monthly reports as well as PowerPoint presentations
- Collect and manage the budget and perform other admin tasks for select SD initiative
- Collate and organize SD project data for use in annual sustainability reporting
The company does not offer permanent employment at the end of 12 month internship
Requirements or Eligibility
The ideal candidate must meet the following basic requirements:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or in the final year of completing a degree related to Sustainability, Engineering or other related fields
- Outstanding academic performance
- Knows how to use MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid problem solving, project coordination and analytical skills
- Can work and relate well with co-workers at various levels
- Confident, highly motivated and proactive
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own transportation
Click the link to view the Distell Sustainability Internship Programme 2020 advert.
How to Apply
If you meet the minimum requirements and would like to apply, click here and then fill out the application form.
Use reference code 15943 to pull up the job advert instantly.
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 31 August 2019.
Click the link to know more about Distell: