The GROW Educare Centres is actively inviting qualified teachers to come and apply for its Early Childhood Development (ECD) Teacher Internship Programme for the 2020 school year.
Grow Educare Centres is an independently managed and owned, non-profit company made up of a chain of early education centers offering quality ECD education to underprivileged communities in South Africa.
This non-profit organization offers women living in poor neighborhoods the opportunity to own and manage fee-based private early learning centers that are also feasible businesses based on the principles of micro franchising and social enterprise.
Grow with Us Academy ECD Teacher Internship Programme
The Grow Educare Centers is offering its ECD Internship Programme through its Grow with Us Academy in conjunction with the Youth Employment Service. Targeted at unemployed ECD Level 4 teachers, the Academy needs 30 ECD teachers who will go through:
- Professional training and development by the ECD educator
- Essential work experience
- Regular mentorship
- A paid internship paid for by the government
Who should apply?
To be considered for the internship, applicants must satisfy the following minimum criteria:
- Holds an NQF ECD/Educare qualification Level 4 (non-negotiable)
- A South African citizen
- Currently not working and between 18-30 years of age
- Must be able to travel to any Grow Educare facility in Thornton in Cape Town, Midrand in Johannesburg, and Bulwer in Durban for weekly training
- Amenable to teach at any GROW Educare Center assigned
- Must be able to fully commit to the internship (no other work or studies)
What is the selection process?
After receiving the applications, Grow Educare will:
- Invite shortlisted applicants to the Open Day
- Conduct interviews to determine the right candidates
- The 30 successful applicants will commence the work and training programme on 20 January 2020
How do I apply?
Applicants who meet the initial qualifications and want to push through with the application will need to send the following via email:
- Updated CV (max 1 page)
- Copy of South African ID
- Copy of ECD qualification
For Cape Town applicants
- Send applications to email@example.com
- Will be assigned in Phillipi, Khayelitsha, Maitland, Mitchells Plain, Ngaya, Kensington, Dunoon, Gugulethu, Retreat
- Will attend training in Thornton
For Johannesburg applicants
- Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will be assigned in Lombardy East, Soweto, Cosmo City
- Weekly training in Midrand
For Durban applicants:
- Send applications to email@example.com
- Will be assigned in Newlands East, Molweni, Molweni, Bellair, Embo Reserve or Hillcrest
- Weekly training in Bulwer
Deadline for submission of applications is on 17 October, 2019.
For further questions or concerns about the internship, contact GROW Educare directly at the following contact details:
Phone: 021 531 2134