eMedia is calling on eligible graduates who are interested in qualifying for its Sub-Editor Internship 2022 intake for 2022 at its Johannesburg offices. Be sure to go over the role’s minimum eligibility requirements if you’re intending to submit an application.
eMedia Holdings is a JSE-listed company that runs some of South Africa’s foremost media organizations with interests in a range of broadcasting, and content and production, one of which is e.tv, the only independently owned free-to-air TV station serving South Africa. It is also the fifth terrestrial TV channel in the country and one the most watched channels in South Africa.
eMedia Sub-Editor Internship 2022
Based at eMedia’s Johannesburg offices, the main responsibility of the role is to review the news diary in order to have an idea of upcoming stories which will be useful for stories of the day and Reporter lives
Duties and responsibilities
- Review rundowns for errors
- Check straps, tags, and CG’s in Google
- Email all scripts (except Lives) to the Scripts and News Logistics team
- Provide assistance with desk dubbing for approval by a Senior sub-editor
- Assist writing crawlers and subbing titles
- Make sure producers reproduce bites and incorporate IN and OUT worids
- Review bites, VOBs and VOs to be able to monitor how stories are pushing forward
- Work with producers regarding
- Accomplish individual development plan
- Establish and maintain team and interpersonal relations to ensure attainment of team objectives and strong working environment
- Take part in development and learning courses
- Take active participation in team and peer learning activities
- Collaborate with producers regarding subpar scripts and help find good angles
- Participate in monthly meetings with Sub-editors
- Provide assistance to Subs on desk with designated tasks
- Remove old crawlers and load new ones
Who should apply?
Only applicants who meet the role’s minimum eligibility criteria may submit their application:
- Completed a National Diploma course in Communications or Journalism
- Holds a National Senior certificate
- Knowledgeable with MS Office applications e.g. Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Sound time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Assertive, persuasive, and good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication, presentation, organization, and facilitation skills
- Able to cope under pressure and manage conflict effectively
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to complete an online application form on eMedia’s recruitment page. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out their Contact Us form.
Click the link to vie a PDF copy of the eMedia Sub-Editor Internship 2022 advert page.