ERM is calling on environmental geologists or hydrogeologist to submit their application and qualify for its Liability Portfolio Management Internship Programme for 2021. Take a quick look at the minimum eligibility requirements and the job role before applying.
The ERM Group is a premier provider of environmental, safety, risk, social consulting, health services and services relevant to promoting sustainability. The ERM works with various leading global organizations with breakthrough solutions and assisting these companies to manage and understand sustainability challenges. In order to achieve these goals, the ERM Group operates over 160 offices in more than 40 countries backed by a workforce of over 5,500 employees.
In South Africa and the rest of Africa, ERM has been servicing major mining, construction and industrial projects for more than forty years. With its SA offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban, the ERM Group offers various combinations or social, business and environmental consulting skills such as compliance, climate change, due diligence, resettlement and social performance, to name a few.
ERM Group Liability Portfolio Management Internship 2021
The successful candidate will be joining the consulting firm and will basically be conducting fieldwork while complying with the work plan and existing standard operating procedures, as well as health and safety plans.
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate are as follows:
- Carry out fieldwork such as sediment, soil, surface and groundwater sampling, drilling oversight, aquifier testing, soil boring, soil logging, and well installation development
- Conduct field calculations and measurements
- Organize and direct surveying, drilling, and lab services
- Render construction oversight on environmental remediation efforts, maintenance, and operation of environmental remediation services
- Capture and compile field data
- Conduct office duties such as borehole logs, data entry, graphical representation of data, cost estimating field programmes, and more
- Ensure delivery of team projects under the guidance of project managers
- Focus on team safety during project operations
- Keep open communication with regulators, subcontractors, clients, PM’s, and tenants during field projects
Who should apply?
You will need to meet these minimum eligibility requirements to apply:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in hydrogeology, geology, or other relevant fields of study (preferably Hons or Masters)
- Proactive with good problem-solving and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Works well independently as much as when with a team
- Solid analytical and organizational skills
- Holds a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Knowledgeable in MS Office tools; GIS/modeling/BI software knowledge is a plus
- Capable of success in a consulting environment handling a number of project assignments
- Preferably a BBEEE candidate
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on ERM’s recruitment page. Click the link below to start the process.
No deadline for submissions of applications has been set as this posting.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the ERM Group Liability Portfolio Management Internship