Ernst & Young SA is calling on individuals who are currently pursuing or intending to pursue a Chartered Accountant qualification and would be interested in sending their application and qualify for its CA Stream Bursary Programme for the 2020 academic year.
With headquarters in London, England, Ernst & Young is a global professional services firm and is considered one largest of its kind in the world. It runs as an international network of member firms operating as separate legal entities. To date, EY has about 270,000 employees and close to 700 offices located in about 150 countries all around the world.
Ernst & Young CA Stream Bursary Programme
Ernst & Young South Africa’s bursary support opportunity is awarded to students who are currently studying or planning to study any of the following areas of study:
- BComm Accounting
- Business Science
- Or any related discipline following the Chartered Accountant stream
Students should be taking up the above studies at a SAICA-recognized higher education institution.
Who should apply?
Those who satisfy these basic requirements are eligible to apply for bursary assistance:
- Must be taking up or will be taking up any of the above-mentioned areas of study following the CA stream
- Applicants in their matric year must be able to achieve at least a “C” for Maths on higher grade for their exams in June
- Applicants already pursuing any of the above studies (and relevant studies) need to get at least 60% for each subject in the year-end exams (for 1st-year students, June exams)
What is the selection process?
In addition to the minimum eligibility requirements, EY’s bursary selection committee takes into account these equally important criteria:
- The committee must determine the applicants’ commitment to successfully complete their CA qualification
- Must have the scholastic proficiency to complete the CA course
- Demonstrated financial need to further their CA studies
How do I apply?
Applicants who satisfy the initial eligibility requirements and would like to qualify for bursary support will need to register their profile on EY’s recruitment portal. Click here to get started.
Although the closing date is unavailable, EY may discontinue running the advert once candidates have already been chosen.
For enquiries, click the link and fill out the online form.
Click the link to view a PDF file of the Ernst & Young CA Stream Bursary Programme 2020 advert.