The Fairmont Zimbali Resort in Ballito, KwaZulu-Natal is inviting suitable candidates to apply for its Human Resources Internship Programme.
Fairmont Zimbali Resort is part of a chain of luxury hotels operated by Fairmont Hotels and Resorts which is headquartered in Ontario, Canada. Established in 2001 with the Fairmont-Canadian Pacific Hotels merger, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts operates 75 properties spread across 24 countries. AccorHotels now owns the hotel chain which it bought in 2016.
Fairmont Zimbali Human Resources Internship 2019
The main responsibility of the Human Resources Intern is to meet and provide the warmest welcome to guests in the most efficient and courteous manner. Here are the intern’s duties and responsibilities in detail:
- Provide professional, friendly and engaging service at all times
- Provide assistance to the Human Resources team with daily operations as needed
- Manage administration and calendar assistance for HR head
- Schedule and arrange appointments as needed
- Prioritize all incoming phone calls as well as internal or external in-person visitors
- Manage co-worker requests, purchase requests and expense reports as needed
- Compose staff notices, letters (and related documents) for the HR department
- Schedule regular department and division head meetings with HR head
- Provide support with internal HR projects, update reports and track necessary actions
- Act as lead for ServicePlus Committee
- Perform all administrative duties e.g. handling faxes, phones, mail, photocopying and more
- Coordinate leadership meetings, staff receptions, executive retreats and other staff events
- Manage the department’s monthly invoices
- Carry out other duties as given by the HR Director
The Fairmont Zimbali Human Resources Internship Programme does not guarantee permanent employment at the end of the internship period.
Requirements or Eligibility
- At least one year experience in executive administration, particularly in the hotel industry
- Previous experience is a plus
- Responsible and trustworthy in handling sensitive information
- Able to keep organized, meet deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Has a professional demeanor and able to “project”a smile over the phone
- Able to work well with others
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Must have a typing speed of 50 wpm
- Must be computer literate with solid knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
View the job advert here.
How to Apply
Interested in applying? If you meet the basic requirements stated above, you will need to register and account on the company’s recruitment page. Click the link below to get started:
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is on 20 July 2019.
Find out more about about Fairmont Hotel and Resorts by clicking the link below: