Firmenich, a Swiss-based fragrance and flavors manufacturer, is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals for its upcoming Consumer Insights Trainee Programme in South Africa. Read on below and review the requirements to find out if you’re eligible to apply.
Established in Geneva in 1895, Firmenich is the largest privately run fragrance and flavor maker and ranks number two in the world. The company has been creating perfumes for more than a century as well as popular flavors. It employs over 10,000 people spread across 66 global facilities.
The CDP has ranked the company as a global leader in environmental management. In 2018, Firmenich is one of only two companies all over the world to receive triple “A” rating for climate change, forests and water security from the CDP.
Firmenich SA Consumer Insights Trainee Programme
The Sensory and Consumer Insights Trainee will be based in the company’s Midrand facility and will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Strategic Business Unit team, Sensory Panel leader and the Regional SCI manager in planning and executing Consumer Insights projects, ensuring project designs and results satisfy business objectives
- Provide timely and effective support to Consumer Insights activities and initiatives for the market in order to achieve business objectives
- Provide assistance with quantitative and qualitative research activities and projects e.g. usage and attitude studies, focus groups, product testing and concept testing
- Take part in identifying, analyzing and interpretation of Consumer Insights results and consumer understanding and present findings to external and internal clients
- Proactively strengthen relations between Marketing and Business Development teams in order to create new ideas and business opportunities via consumer insights
- Organize market research projects to develop relevant categories concentrating on internal and external client needs
- Collaborate with external research agencies and internal functions in organizing products tests when the need arises
- Provide assistance to the Sensory Panel leader when conducting data capturing, test setups and training sessions
Who should apply?
Only applicants who satisfy the prescribed minimum requirements are eligible to apply:
- Holds a degree in Food Science, Food Technology or Social Science
- Background in quantitative and qualitative consumer research
- Possesses a keen curiosity about consumer insights and changing consumer behavior
- Eager to transform unmet needs into feasible opportunities
- Background in Sensory panel training is a plus
- Excellent skills is Excel, PowerPoint and other presentation software
- Practical skills in statistical software e.g. XLSTAT is an advantage
- Thrives in teamwork and collaboration
- Results driven, passionate and highly organized
- Creative, deeply analytical and able to work independently
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to move forward with the application process will need to register an account on Firmenich’s careers portal. Click here to start the application process.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For more information about the application process, access the FAQ page by clicking the link.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Firmenich SA Consumer Insights Trainee Programme advert.