The First National Bank is calling on qualified and deserving students to apply for its FNB Bursary Programme. Read on to find out more details about the bursary programme offering.
Established in 1838, FNB is the oldest bank in South Africa, with its beginning tracing back to the Eastern Province Bank in Grahamstown. In 1998, the merger Rand Merchant Bank and Anglo American resulted in the formation of FirstRand Limited. FNB, along with other banks, later on became trade divisions of First Rand.
First National Bank Bursary Programme
The bursary programme offered by FNB provides students access to tertiary education on the basis of financial constraints and academic merit. As FNB only provides a partial bursary, applicants are highly encouraged to acquire a student loan from their university’s Financial Aid Office or National Student Financial Aid Scheme to augment the partial bursary and other study costs. The bursary programme is administered by StudyTrust
Here is a list of the fields of study recognized by the bursary prgramme
- Accounting, Auditing, Actuarial Science
- Economics, Financial Mnagement, Economics and Management Sciences
- Quantitative Finance, Management, Investment Managemnt, Finance, Statistics, Finance
- Marketing, Law, Human Resources, Psychology, Organizational Psychology
- Aeronautical Engineering,, Building Technology, Agricultural Engineering,, Chemica Engineering, Civil Engineering,
- Construction Management, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Survey, Architecture
- Business Information Technology, Mathematical Statistis
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Information Systems, Software Development, Information Technology
- Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science
FNB doe not guarantee full-time employment at the end of bursary coverage.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicantns who satisfy the minimum academic requirements may be considered for the programme:
For B Business or B Com – At least 60% in Mathematics and English
For Engineering – at least 60% in Math,, English and Physical Sciences
For BSc – at least 60% in Math, English and Physical Science
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to use the online application when applying.
Click here to apply using the online recruitment portal.
Opening and Closing Date
FNB will be accepting applications until 30 September 2019
For further questions about the bursary programme call 011 482-1501 / 011 403-1632