The FirstRand Limited, also known as FirstRand Group. It is the parent company of FirstRand Bank which is a leading financial services provider in South Africa. A company’s primary resource is its people, and FirstRand will not operate in a market unless it has the right people who share its business values and are right for that market. The company recruits self-starters that are passionate about the work they do. The company empowers, holds accountable, and rewards these people accordingly. In particular, they value the contribution of diversity to innovative thinking. The company is looking for applicants who are qualified for the position advertised, and who think that they will thrive in the environment. The company is open to considering any applicant that meets the criteria. Appointees will be selected in accordance with the Bank’s EE Strategy.
Firstrand Corporate Centre (FCC) Internship 2022
An unemployed graduate can join the Firstrand Corporate Centre (FCC) Internship for a 12-month contract. The programme aims to make successful candidates more employable. By contributing to business objectives and deliverables, the incumbent will gain workplace confidence and competence throughout the program. Successful completion of the prescribed development programme will be required of the incumbent.
Location of internship: Johannesburg
- Perform tasks, deliverables and projects with excellence and quality orientation
- Performing role responsibilities efficiently requires careful planning, timely reporting and timely setting of priorities
- Provide proactive, innovative, and appropriate input to projects through innovative thinking
- Engage your peers and stakeholders in knowledge sharing
- Maintain a personal development plan to enhance skills and competencies
- Aspires to promote the values and principles of FirstRand
Who should apply?
Those who meet the following qualifications are eligible to apply for the Firstrand Corporate Centre (FCC) Internship 2022:
- Age-restricted to 18-34 years old
- A post-matriculation qualification (a diploma or degree recognized by the Department)
- Must be unemployed for a minimum of six months
- Must have little or no work experience, which means no more than 12 months’ worth of work experience as well as part-time or casual work experiences. Youth must have this be their first job experience.
- Additionally, the applicant must not have participated in any FirstJob programme offered by any of the FirstRand franchisors, nor have they worked for FirstRand in the past.
Note: The qualifications you possess will be compared with the needs of FirstRand’s various business units
The following skills and competencies are required:
- The Diploma of an accredited institution
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university is preferred
- FirstRand will match these with the needs of their business units
- Experience in the corporate world is not necessary.
- Thinking Analytically
- Quality orientation and commitment to excellence
- Developing relationships
- Working together
- Identifying and solving problems
- Adaptability in learning
- Managing stress and resilience
- An orientation towards results and drive
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants must submit their application online for the Firstrand Corporate Centre (FCC) Internship 2022.
The last date for submission of the online application is 18 March 2022. Applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered for the internship programme.
If this internship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships open for application.