GAST, a full service South African construction company, is looking for qualified individuals who are interested in joining its Graduate Programmes to submit an application and qualify. More information about this graduate programme including eligibility requirements and programme parameters are available below.
Established in 1961 as a chemical manufacturer, GAST was initially a producer of specialist chemicals e.g. waterproofing and coating compound for the industrial and cosmetic markets. During the early 80s, the company patented the world’s first dam lining made possible by GAST’s soil “plasticisation” process – a technique the company has perfected through the years. Through the years, GAST’s expansive research in plasticiser and polymer technologies led to more technologies applicable in the waterproofing, coating, dam lining and mining industries.
GAST SA Graduate Programmes 2020
The GAST Graduate Programmes aims to assist and develop young South Africans to realize their full potential in their field of interest. The programme provides successful candidates with the opportunity to enhance and fine-tune their skills within a professional office environment. Here, successful candidates will gain exposure to all facets of work and various requirements in their chosen field.
Some quick facts about the graduate programme:
- Qualified individuals will be assigned to the successful candidates to provide assistance and act as coaches who will ensure all questions and concerns are addressed accordingly
- After successful completion of the programme, candidates will be assessed according to their strengths and capabilities and may be offered permanent employment depending on the companies manpower needs. GAST may also assist candidates to acquire employment (within their field of expertise) by referring them to reputable recruitment firms.
Who should apply?
Applicants who meet the following minimum requirements are eligible to submit an application:
- Must be a South African resident or with permanent residency status
- Must not have been employed for more than two (2) years since graduating from school
- Amenable to working in any part of the country
- Willing to participate in company procedures and grow within the organization
What is the selection process?
After reviewing applications and CVs, the recruitment team will contact shortlisted candidates for an interview and several industry-related exams.
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements and would like to move forward to the application process, send a comprehensive and detailed CV along with other relevant support documents via email to email@example.com.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For further details, be sure to contact GAST at:
Phone: +27 (12) 660 1616
or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How will long will it take to complete this graduate prgramme?
This Graduate Programme runs for a period of 12 months.
- Is this a paid graduate programme?
Successful candidates are eligible to receive a fixed-term pay (including any benefits applicable to the position) for the duration of the programme.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the GAST Graduate Programme advert.