The Genpact SA Controllership Finance – Management Trainee programme is currently accepting applications for this year’s intake at the Company’s Johannesburg offices in Gauteng. If you’re interested, make sure to go over the role’s minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities before applying.
Genpact was established in 1997 as GE Capital International Services to deliver business process outsourcing services to General Electric’s businesses. With an initial staff of 20 employees, it developed processes that made outsourcing back-office tasks (e.g. loans processing, credit card transactions) possible – a breakthrough concept at the time that started the business process outsourcing industry.
Today, Genpact offers a wide range of professional services and employs over 100,000 individuals servicing customers in more than 30 countries around the world. It is NYSE-listed and in 2021, posted an annual revenue amounting to US$3.71 billion.
Genpact SA Controllership Finance – Management Trainee 2023
As part of the Genpact SA Controllership Finance – Management Trainee 2023 programme, the successful candidate’s main responsibility is to perform financial activities working closely with various teams in delivering accurate solutions and streamlining existing processes.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries and GL schedules in the ERP system
- Prepare and accomplish Centre of Excellence (CoE) activities
- Conduct balance sheet as well as profit and loss variance assessment
- Attend to queries from partners
- Accomplish reconciliations according to specified deadlines
- Complete mandatory training according to specific timelines
- Carry out administrative duties for tracking purposes (e.g. MJE tracker, Mojo, etc.)
- Make sure month-end activities are completed
- Conduct other ad hoc requests as needed
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a BCom degree or currently pursuing Finance-related qualification
- Effective time management skills
- Strong skills in general accounting, reporting, and closing
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications including Outlook and Excel
- Preferably knowledgeable with SAP systems and indirect tax
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register an account on Genpact’s online recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
If you wish to know more about Genpact, check out its Careers page.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Genpact SA Controllership Finance – Management Trainee 2023 advert page.