The North West School of Design is inviting suitable candidates to apply for its upcoming Gert-Johan Coetzee Fashion Bursary for 2020.
The North West School of Design, or NWSD, is an internationally recognized Fashion College that offers courses that provides a business learning experience that is globally relevant. It first offered a 2-year Clothing Design and Technology diploma course as a private Further Education and Training (FET) college. Four years later, the NSWD changed status from an FET to International with accreditation from the City and Guilds of London.
NWSD Gert-Johan Coetzee Fashion Bursary 2020
The bursary will cover three years of tuition expenses at the North West School of Design located in Klerksdorp in the North West Province. Coverage will not include any other school related expenses such as meals, accommodations or book fees. The bursary amount is valued at over R170 000.
In addition to the tuition fee coverage, the successful candidate will get a sewing machine along with an overlocker machine courtesy of Bernina South Africa. Acer Africa will also give away an Acer Aspire A13-51i5 personal laptop to the successful candidates.
Who should apply?
Applicants who meet the following basic requirements are welcome to send in their application:
- Finished Grade 12 or National Senior Certificate – Matriculation or an international equivalent
- Completed National Certificate Level 4 issued by CFET
- Must have great interest in fashion
- Able to write, read and understand English
- Higher Education students must have an A or O-level English
What is the selection process?
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements shown above will go through the following:
- Must pass two sets of online entrance tests
- Applicants who score at least 75 will move on the next test which measures their capability for admission to the NSDW
- NSWD will pick and notify the semi-finalists on 16 October 2020
- The semi-finalists will receive a new task and will be due by 30 October 2020
- Ten finalists will be chosen by Gert Johan Coetze
- Two winners of the bursary award will be announced at the Platinum Fashion Festival 2020
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants will need to fill out an online application form on NWSD’s website. Click here to get started.
Deadline for submission of applications is on 9 October 2020.
Question about the NSDW Gert-Johan Coetzee Bursary Programme are to be directed to:
Tel: 018 462 5149
Click the link to view the NSDW-Gert Johan Coetzee Bursary Programme 2020 advert.