The North West School of Design is inviting suitable candidates to apply for its upcoming Gert-Johan Coetzee Fashion Bursary for 2020.
The North West School of Design, or NWSD, is an internationally recognized Fashion College that offers courses that provides a business learning experience that is globally relevant. It first offered a 2-year Clothing Design and Technology diploma course as a private Further Education and Training (FET) college. Four years later, the NSWD changed status from an FET to International with accreditation from the City and Guilds of London.
The NWSD – Gert-Johan Coetzee Fashion Bursary 2020
The bursary will cover three years of tuition expenses at the North West School of Design located in Klerksdorp in the North West Province. Coverage will not include any other school related expenses such as meals, accommodations or book fees. The bursary amount is valued at R198 000.
In addition to the tuition fee coverage, the successful candidate will get a sewing machine along with an overlocker machine (valued at R 32 000.00) from Bernina South Africa.
Who should apply?
Applicants who meet the following basic requirements are welcome to send in their application:
- Finished Grade 12 or National Senior Certificate – Matriculation or an international equivalent
- Completed National Certificate Level 4 issued by CFET
- Must have great interest in fashion
- Able to write, read and understand English
- Higher Education students muss A or O-level English
What is the selection process?
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements shown above will go through the following:
- Must pass two sets of online entrance tests
- Applicants who score at least 75 will move on the next test which measures their capability for admission to the NSDW
- GertJohan Coetzee will pick 10 semi-finalists who will be announced on 7 October 2019
- The semi-finalists will receive a new task will be due by 22 October 2019
- Seven finalists will be chosen by Gert Johan Coetzee who will attend a one-on-one interview
- The winners of the bursary award will be announced at the Platinum Fashion Festival
Click the link to view the NSDW-Gert Johan Coetzee Bursary Programme advert.
Deadline for submission of applications is on 4 October 2019 at 3:00 PM.
Question about the NSDW-Gert Johan Coetzee Bursary Programme are to be directed to:
Tel: 018 462 5149