Gilbarco AFS South Africa is inviting applications from qualified individuals for its Finance Internship Programme based in the company’s Johannesburg location. Read on for more information about this internship opportunity.
Gilbarco AFS (Automated Fuel Systems) Group offers an extensive network dedicated to fuel automation management platforms. It was established in 2013 during the purchase of the AFS Group by Gilbarco Veeder Root. The company offers various products and smart, data-driven services. These include providing maintenance and support services for extensive fuel automation management systems.
Gilbarco AFS is a subsidiary of Fortive Corporation, a NYSE-listed, Fortune 500 company heavily invested in the Industrial Technology sector with more than 24,000 employees all around the globe operating in over 125 countries.
Gilbarco AFS Finance Intenship Programme
The Gilbarco AFS Finance Internship opportunity runs for a period of 1 year, with the incumbent reporting to the Financial Accountant in the company’s Johannesburg offices.
The Finance Intern is expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Obtain supplier invoices
- Complete creditor/supplier applications
- Maintain master file
- Process fixed asset data
- Make sure filling is current
- Provide help in administrative tasks as needed
The performance of the selected intern will be measured by the following:
- Reconciliations must be ready each month
- Ability to lead
- High rate of accuracy in fixed asset entry processing
- Timely completion of credit applications from suppliers
- Accurately obtain creditor invoices
Gilbarco AFS does not guarantee full-time employment upon the intern’s completion of this 1-year internship.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following basic requirements to at least qualify for the internship position:
- Must possess a post-metric qualification in the field of Accounting
- Good at building professional working relationships
- Highly motivated
- Results oriented and driven
- Able to inspire and motivate people in a team
- Proactive in asking and giving feedback
- Able to collaborate across departments
- Must have a deep skill set and able to fill in for unavailable team members
- Highly adaptable and able to produce results in a non-structured environment
View the job advert here.
How to Apply
If you satisfy the minimum requirements, set up an account on the company’s website to be able to apply. Click the link below to start setting up your account:
Use the job reference code GIL006265 when trying to find the job opening.
Open and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications has not been set as of this writing.
Know more about the company by clicking the link below: