Hatch South Africa is currently offering its Engineering Bursary Opportunities for 2019. Hatch is a global business that specializes in engineering, development and management consultancy. Founded in 1955, Hatch offers its consultancy services in more than 70 locations on six continents. One of its main offices operates in South Africa.
Established in Canada as W.S Atkins and Associates, the company started out with tunneling subways and civil engineering works. Gerry Hatch joined in 1958 and the company carried his name in 1962.
Hatch SA Engineering Bursary Programmes 2019
Hatch SA is actively looking for promising individuals who are pursuing their degree in Engineering to join its bursary programme.
Beneficiaries of the programme will enjoy the following benefits:
- Tuition fee coverage
- Food and other living allowances
- Textbook allowance
- Vacation work
The Hatch Engineering Bursary Programme currently applies to students taking up any of the following:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Upon successful completion of the degree, bursars will be offered a chance to work for Hatch SA. This is where these new graduates will be able to specialize in Energy, Mining and Metals, Digital or Energy.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications in order for their applications to be eligible for review or not.
- Must be a South African national
- Must be pursuing or planning to pursue the engineering courses mentioned above
- For tertiary level students – obtained at least a 65% average in their academic achievement
- For Grade 12 students – obtained at least a 90% average in their academic achievement
Hatch SA also requires applicants to have the following attributes:
- An excellent team player with great interpersonal skills
- Curious and highly innovative
- Eager to try new methods to get the job done
- Always willing to learn and explore new ideas
- Resilient and persistent
- Effective communication and listening acuity
- Highly adaptable and welcoming to change
How to Apply
Qualified applicants will need to head on to Hatch’s recruitment page and register their name to be able to start applying. Make sure to upload the needed documents listed below:
- Complete and updated CV
- 12 Grade academic record
- Full transcript tertiary level education
Visit the Hatch company’s careers page. Choose the applicable bursary programme by your study field and register an account.
Opening and Closing Date
Application deadline is on 30 April 2019
If you want to know more about Hatch SA, click the link below to access their homepage: