Canadian-based engineering consultancy company, Hatch, is currently inviting students and professionals alike to submit an application to qualify for its Engineering Bursary Programmes for 2020. Read on and find out if you are eligible to apply for bursary coverage through this annual bursary offering.
Hatch Ltd. is a global business that specializes in engineering, development and management consultancy services. Founded in 1955 in Canada as W.S Atkins and Associates, the company started out tunneling subways and conducting civil engineering works. The company added metallurgy services three years later when Gerry Hatch became part of the company. After a series of expansions, Hatch now offers consulting, technologies, operations support, process design, and construction and project support to various clients in the mining and metals, infrastructure and energy sectors.
Hatch offers its services in more than 70 locations on six continents. One of its main offices operates in South Africa.
Hatch SA Engineering Bursary Programmes
Hatch SA is actively looking for promising individuals who are pursuing their degree in Engineering to join its bursary programme.
Beneficiaries of the programme will enjoy the following benefits:
- Tuition fee coverage
- Food and other living allowances
- Textbook allowance
- Vacation work
The Hatch Engineering Bursary Programme currently applies to students taking up any of the following:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Who should apply?
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications in order for their applications to be eligible for review:
- Must be a South African national
- Must be pursuing or planning to pursue any one of the engineering courses mentioned above
- For tertiary level students – obtained at least a 65% average in their academic achievement
- For Grade 12 students – obtained at least a 90% average in their academic achievement
Hatch SA also requires applicants to have the following attributes:
- An excellent team player with great interpersonal skills
- Curious and highly innovative
- Eager to try new methods to get the job done
- Always willing to learn and explore new ideas
- Resilient and persistent
- Effective communication and listening acuity
- Highly adaptable and welcoming to change
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants will need to head on to Hatch’s recruitment page and register their names to be able to start applying. Make sure to prepare to upload the supporting documents listed below:
- Complete and updated CV
- 12 Grade academic record
- Full transcript tertiary level education
- Valid South African ID
To apply for bursary coverage, visit the Hatch careers page. Choose the bursary programme applicable to your field of study and register an account if you haven’t done so already.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
If you want to know more about Hatch SA, click the link below to access their homepage: