Canadian engineering consultancy company, Hatch, is inviting eligible graduates to submit an application and qualify for its upcoming Environmental Scientist Graduate Programme for 2021. Read on and find out more about the job and if you are eligible to apply.
Hatch Ltd. is a global business that specializes in engineering, development and management consultancy services. Founded in 1955 in Canada as W.S Atkins and Associates, the company started out tunneling subways and conducting civil engineering works. The company added metallurgy services three years later when Gerry Hatch became part of the company. After a series of expansions, Hatch now offers consulting, technologies, operations support process design, and construction and project support to various clients in the mining and metals, infrastructure and energy sectors.
Hatch offers its services in more than 150 countries locations with about 9,000 employees. One of its main offices operates out of South Africa.
Hatch Environmental Scientist Graduate Programme
The successful candidate will be part of the company’s Environmental Services Group and will be providing support with a wide array of environmental and social management activities. These will include dais tasks such as:
- Taking part in environmental studies, assessments, and management plans and strategies including report writing, research, fieldwork, and regulatory and stakeholder consultation
- Gather and collate existing data sets, scientific literature, and secondary source material and existing datasets for technical reports
- Determine potential environmental impacts of land-use changes as well as appropriate mitigation strategies
- Provide support with permits and approvals regarding the natural environment and relevant laws
- Coordinate and compile workfellow peer environmental specialists
- Provide quality environmental services compliant with agreed deadlines and budgets
Who should apply?
Candidates must meet these minimum qualification requirements to apply:
- Holds an Honours degree in Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Zoology, Geography, Botany, or any relevant discipline
- Knowledgeable in South African legislation on the environment
- Willing to travel to and stay in remote locations as needed
What is the selection process?
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hatch selects applicants without the basis of age, colour, race, religion, sex, creed, marital status, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected designation.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to create an account on Hatch SA’s careers page to apply. Click here to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries contact Hatch Johannesburg at +27 11 239 5300.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Hatch Environmental Scientist Graduate Programme 2021 advert.