Hatch SA is currently inviting qualified graduates to visit its recruitment portal and apply for its Health and Safety Internship Programme for 2020.
Established in 1955 in Toronto, Canada, Hatch Ltd. is a global multi-industry management, development and engineering consultancy firm. Initially started out as W.S. Atkins and Associates, it worked in subway tunneling including other civil engineering works. The company ventured into metallurgy when Gary Hatch became part of the company in 1958. Four years later, the company’s name became Hatch.
Hatch’s group of companies employs over 9,000 people working in more than 70 offices spread around six continents. In 2015, the Engineering News Record gave Hatch a top 20 ranking in the International Design Firm list.
Hatch SA Health and Safety Internship Programme
The successful intern will be working with the company’s Occupational Health and Safety team and get exposure to the best practices on safety approach, particularly in promoting safer environmental practices.
Duties and responsibilities
- Make sure accidents are documented
- Update data management system with current data sheets
- Manage safety training records through regular updates along with training meetings, safety meetings and other relevant events
- Promote adherence to safe environmental practices
- Reinforce adherence to proper practices in waste disposal as well as other environment safety guidelines
- Assign Health and Safety tasks with current projects
Who should apply?
Only applicants who meet the following minimum requirements may be considered for the position:
- Holds a degree in Occupational Safety and Health or any relevant degree programme from a reputable tertiary education institution
- Completed qualification with distinction
- Must be a South African citizen with two years work experience at the most
- Must hold a valid SA driving license
- Knows how to operate copiers, scanners, printers and fax machines
- Knows how to use MS Office applications
- Outstanding communicator, both oral and written
- Able to document processes
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum requirements and would like to pursue this internship, register an account on the Hatch recruitment page to apply. Click here to get started.
Use Requisition ID 18003 to find the internship opening quickly.
If you already have an account, go ahead and log in and fill out the application form.
Click the link if you want to view the Hatch SA Health and Safety Internship Programme 2020 advert.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Want to know what’s in store for young workers like you at Hatch? Click here to find out.