Heineken is inviting suitably qualified individuals to apply for its Safety Internship programme intake for 2022. If you’re interested, be sure to take a moment to review the minimum eligibility criteria and competency requirements of the role before applying.
Founded in 1873 by Gerard Adriaan Heineken in Amsterdam, the Heineken’s Bierbrouwerij Maatschappi (or HBM) was the first Heineken beer ever brewed. Today, it has over 250 brands all across more than 70 countries. In South Africa, Heineken SA is key player in the local beer and cider industry with its portfolio of popular brand led by its flagship brand Heineken. A key driver of Heineken South Africa’s business is its advanced brewery located in Sedibeng.
Heineken SA Safety Internship 2022
The main purpose of the Safety Internship role is to bring together common health and safety issues, and communicate and support the rollout of Global Safety guidelines e.g. SHE standards, policies, and procedures. Moreover, the daily duties and responsibilities of the the successful candidate include, but not limited to:
- Pushing awareness by conducting Safety Alerts and Toolbox talks
- Record health and safety meeting minutes
- Provide support with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) management process
- Collect and compile data for health and safety reporting
- Help out with risk assessments
- Provide assistance with emergency drills and emergency team activity coordination
- Take active participation in health and safety audits and inspections
- Study contractor safety files
- Inspect health and safety protocols
- Perform employee/contractor coaching on safety standards and procedures
- Carry out frequent walkabouts around the facility and discuss safety issues
- Keep safety boards updated throughout the site
- Attend to accident and incident investigations
- Be part of the Safety Operational risk teams
Who should apply?
To qualify for consideration, you must meet the role’s minimum eligibility criteria and behavioural/skills requirements:
- Holds an NQF Level 6 or diploma in Safety Management
- With 0 to no more than 1 year of experience in a Safety role
- Eager to learn
- Knowledgeable with MS Office tools
- A solid team player
- Diligent and with a high sense of initiative
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will first need to register their profile on Heineken SA’s online recruitment page to be able to apply. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
You may get in touch with Heineken SA directly by calling +27 10 226 5000.
Click the link for a PDF copy of the Heineken SA Safety Internship 2022 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships that are open for application.