Henkel SA is reaching out to qualified individuals to apply and get a chance to be part of its Finance and Controlling Internship Programme for 2019.
Henkel is a global company providing chemical and consumer goods since 1876. Its headquarters are in Dusseldorf, Germany, and is split into three business units namely, Beauty Care, Adhesive Technologies and Beauty Care. Its popular brands include Peril, Loctite, Fa and a lot more.
Henkel announced sales amounting to more than 20 billion euros for the 2017 fiscal year with an 3.055 billion euro operating profit. In the same year, it reported having 53,700 employees, 80% of which work outside Germany.
Henkel SA Finance and Controlling Internship
During the course of the Finance and Controlling Internship Programme, the successful candidate will gain exposure and learn a wide range of processes that make up the finance department, especially the Order-to-Cash, or OTC process. The incumbent will also be supporting the team in special projects and tasks in the following aspects:
- Credit management and account receivables
- Monitoring, tracking and analysis of bad debt provision
- Assist resolving and clarifying disputed or deducted items
- Generating management and financial reports
- Ensure compliance by performing self-audits in line with the company’s corporate standards
- Providing support with regional projects to help reduce overdues
- Customer account reconciliation
- Provide support generating year-end financial audits
- Conduct regular and ad hoc business and financial analyses
Who should apply?
Those interested in applying must meet the following minimum requirements in order to get considered for the internship programme:
- Must hold a university degree in Commerce, major in Finance or Accounting or any relevant areas of study
- Some previous experience holding a Finance and Controlling position is a plus
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge in SAP is an advantage
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and achieve
- Skilled in balancing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Able to deliver the best results even under pressure
- Sound entrepreneurial skills
- Able to take initiative and be responsible
- Effective team player
What is the selection process?
- Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may need to go through an online assessment.
- An invitation for a personal interview with an HR rep and a possible team manager will follow once you make it through the online test
- Successful applicants will be offered a contract
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For further questions about the programme, please call +27-11-617-2400.