Henkel SA is reaching out to qualified individuals to apply and get a chance to be part of its Finance and Controlling Internship Programme for 2022.
About Henkel SA
Henkel is a global company providing chemical and consumer goods since 1876. Its headquarters are in Dusseldorf, Germany, and is split into three business units namely, Beauty Care, Adhesive Technologies and Beauty Care. Its popular brands include Peril, Loctite, Fa and a lot more.
Henkel announced sales amounting to more than 20 billion euros for the 2017 fiscal year with a 3.055 billion euro operating profit. In the same year, it reported having 53,700 employees, 80% of which work outside Germany.
Henkel SA Finance and Controlling Internship
During the course of the Finance and Controlling Internship Programme, the successful candidate will gain exposure and learn a wide range of processes that make up the finance department, especially the Order-to-Cash, or OTC process. The incumbent will also be supporting the team in special projects and tasks in the following aspects:
- Learn the various processes observed within the Finance Department, particularly in the Order to Cash, as well as in the Adhesives Controlling function, and supporting team with tasks and projects
- Provide assistance with daily credit management i.e. debt collection for assigned customers
- Support end-of-month closing tasks and processes
- Prepare monthly business unit meetings for analyzing overdue performance and accounts receivables
- Support OTC process reviews to check compliance with Henkel’s corporate stands
- Participate and be proactive in supporting finance projects e.g. digitization, or process optimization
- Assist with standard monthly reporting for Adhesives as well as with accounting and financial controlling during end-of-month closing to check adherence to accounting standards
- Perform structural block cost reviews as well as formulate and identify and formulate block cost allocation
- Keep track of and steer material price variances including other operational KPIs
- Provide support with preparations for business unit meeting presentations where commentary and/or financial input is needed
- Conduct variance analysis between financial results and budget/past year, as well as ad hoc analyses that will key to business decisions.
Who should apply?
Those interested in applying must meet the followi0ng minimum requirements in order to get considered for the internship programme: with a
- Must hold a university degree in Management Accounting, Financial Management, or any relevant qualification
- Some previous experience holding a Finance and Controlling position is a plus
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge in SAP is an advantage
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and achieve
- Skilled in balancing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Able to deliver the best results even under pressure
- Sound entrepreneurial skills
- Able to take initiative and be responsible
- Effective team player
What is the selection process?
- Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may need to go through an online assessment.
- An invitation for a personal interview with an HR rep and a possible team manager will follow once you make it through the online test
- Successful applicants will be offered a contract
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements and would like to apply for the internship position, head on over to Henkel’s recruitment page and fill out the online application form. Click the link below to access the online form.
The Company will be accepting applications from qualified candidates until the position is filled.
For further questions about the programme, please call +27-11-617-2400
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the link below to view a PDF copy of the Henkel SA Finance and Controlling Internship Programme 2022 advert.