Highbury Media is calling on suitably qualified individuals to send their application and qualify for its upcoming Digital Content Producer Internship Programme.
Established in 1996, Highbury Media is a leading media company in Cape Town that manages a variety of South Africa’s most popular brands, platforms and titles. Through the years since its founding, it has created custom content for a number of big-name brands such as the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, the Foschini Group and Diner’s Club, to name a few.
Highbury Media is the largest independent South African magazine and digital publishing group of companies that come out with the country’s top-performing titles.
Highbury Media Digital Content Producer Internship 2020
The successful intern will be based in the company headquarters in Cape Town working with the Editorial Team. As a means of acquiring essential work place experience, the intern will be fulfilling the following duties and responsibilities:
- Create online content
- Develop digital editorial content
- Participate in brainstorming and creating fresh trending and relevant content for digital readers
- Help maintain and/or improve social media following for the brand
- Increase readership numbers on different digital platforms
- Keep track of online competitions and follow leads sent via managed websites
- Know digital trends in line with keeping the website fresh and relevant
Who should apply?
Here are the minimum eligibility requirements you must meet to get considered for the internship programme:
- Holds a degree in English or Journalism with a keen interest in the digital arena, particularly social media
- Must have a background in WordPress
- High-level familiarity in using popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat
- Exceptional copy editing, writing and organizational skills
- Able to work with accuracy even under deadline pressure
- Willing to render overtime as needed
- Previous work background in the media sector is a major advantage
- Experience in working with Mac OS and InDesign is a definite plus
How do I apply?
If you think this position is a good fit and meet the prescribed minimum requirements, set up an account on Highbury Media’s recruitment portal to apply. Click here to get started.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 14 February 2020.
For further details about the Highbury Media Design Internship Programme, send an email to email@example.com.
You may also visit the company’s FAQ page by clicking the link.
View the Highbury Media Digital Content Producer Internship Programme advert by clicking the link.