Hillsong Church is a Christian church and a member of the Australian Christian Churches, which has more than 1,000 churches attended by 250,000 believers in Australia alone. Hillsong Church is connected to thousands of Christian churches all over the world. It holds one of the largest yearly events in the Christian world called Hillsong Conference. Attendees of the event come from every denomination including Catholic, Anglican, Pentecostal, Baptist and Salvation Army.
Hillsong Church strives to create world-class children and youth’s programmes and ministerial works intended for all age groups. They also provide pastoral support and care to families and married couples, counselling services, hospital support. They also give general pastoral care to members and non-members alike in their church community. Moreover, Hillsong Church runs a Bible College attended by over 1,500 students coming from all around the world.
Hillsong Church Internship
The Hillsong Church in South Africa is offering a 10-month internship programme that can impart experiential learning in practical ministry to internship applicants. In addition to a fully immersive experience in the daily life of Hillsong Church, the programme includes exposure to the following:
- Leadership development
- Bible studies
- Weekly meetings
- Department-specific tasks
- Wide range of experiences and ministries
Joining the internship costs R6600 for the whole year. A 10% discount is available if payment is made upfront. The fee can also be paid off during the course of the programme on a month-to-month basis. The fee does not cover food, lodging, transport and other living expenses. If you want referrals for accommodation or transport options, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For interns who want to push further after completing the programme, Hillsong Church offers what they call a 2nd Year Internship Programme. This 2nd programme is designed to develop practical leadership. For more details about Hillsong Church SA, click here.
Requirements or Eligibility
Hillsong Church prefers applicant interns to possess the following qualities:
- Fully supportive of the organization’s vision and ideals
- Committed to embodying and living the Christian way of life
- Fluent in English
- Must have sufficient funds for lodging and food for the duration of the internship
- Preferably owns a vehicle
How to Apply
There are several important steps to follow if you are interested in securing a spot in the Hillsong Church Internship Programme:
- Fill out the application form with the required information. If you’re interested in an internship at our Cape Town location, access the online form by clicking here. For the Gaunteng location, click here. Remember to press the “Submit” button when done. Email the application form to email@example.com, You also have the option of hand carrying the application form to any of their church locations
- Make a video recording of yourself talking about why you wish to join their internship programme. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out the Pastoral Reference form and have it completed by your local church leader. The form must be emailed by the church leader to the email address mentioned above. Download the Pastoral Reference form here: Pastoral-Reference
- You will get an invite from the Internship committee for an interview appointment. International applicants will be interviewed via Google Hangouts or Skype
For further inquiries, call them at (+27) 21 801 0001. You can also visit Hillsong Church South Africa’s website by clicking here.