Hilton South Africa is inviting promisingly talented individuals who would be interested in sending their application to qualify for its Engineering Graduate Management Development Programme for 2020.
Previously known as Hilton Hotels, Hilton Hotels and Resorts is a highly popular chain of full-service hotels and resorts as well as the leading brand of American-based international hospitality company Hilton. In 2018, Hilton Hotels and Resorts numbered to 586 operating a total of 215,623 rooms in 85 countries spread across six (6) continents.
Hilton SA Engineering Graduate Management Programme 2020
The purpose of the Hilton SA Engineering Graduate Programme is to develop aspiring Chief Engineers with the help of its structured, two-phased training programme. The initial phase runs for a duration of nine (9) months where skills and competencies are developed to enhance the incumbent’s technical knowledge and skills are enhanced.
The second phase involves technical skills development for the most part while a smaller portion is for administrative and managerial training. The successful candidate will also have an opportunity to acquire actual work experience gaining practical skills and knowhow that will prove useful as a future Chief Engineer.
During the graduate training, the successful candidate will:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Engineering team’s function and how it interacts with other departments
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge in order to become an important team member of the Engineering department
- Learn and apply managerial and supervisory techniques
- Undergo proper training in planning, counseling and coaching, effective communication, resource management, time management and establishing priorities
Who should apply?
Candidates will need to meet the following criteria in order to become eligible to apply for this internship post:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other relevant fields of study
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Willing to relocate to South Africa
- Must be ready and available and mobile during the programme
- Must have a full motivation to grow become Chief Engineer
How do I apply?
To apply, qualified applicants will need to register an account on the company’s recruitment portal. Click here to start the application procedure.
The deadline for submission of applications is set on 8 March 2020.
Learn more about Hilton and how it is to work with one of the leading hotels and resorts chains in the world by clicking here.
Click the link to view the Hilton SA Engineering Graduate Management Programme 2020
- How long will it take to complete the graduate programme?
This graduate programme will run for a period of 24 months.
- Where will this graduate programme take place?
The successful candidate will be serving the graduate programme contract at Hilton South Africa in Sandton, Johannesburg.