Howden SA is inviting engineering graduates to submit their application and qualify for its Engineering Trainee Programme for 2021. Be sure to review the minimum eligibility requirements and job description of the rule before applying.
Originally established by James Howden as a marine engineering company in 1854, Howden expanded as one of the leaders in gas handling and manufacturing air companies in the world. Currently, Howden SA provides power generation, infrastructure, oil and gas, metals, wastewater, and transportation services.
Howden SA Engineer Trainee Programme 2021
The successful candidate will be part of the Sales Team in Howden Donkin, a division of Howden Africa, and will be gaining experience by gaining exposure to Donkin’s sales, production, purchasing, and engineering operations.
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Work with senior staff members in order to gain an understanding of the basic aspects of the company’s business operations
- Perform various in-house tasks as designated by mentors to acquire hands-on experience on Howden Donkin products, applications, design, spares, manufactures, QA, and project management
- Serve as resource for fan testing in support of daily activities within the testing department
- Acquire client enquiries to ensure their needs are acknowledged and resolved
- Collect and submit tender documents to clients in compliance with their requirements and/or specifications
- Provide a sample of a completed job showing capability to substitute in a sales position within the company
- Comply with AX and Sarbanes Oxley controls
Who should apply?
In order to qualify for consideration, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Holds a Mechanical Engineering qualification (BTech, BSc, or diploma)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Eager to learn with a positive outlook
- Keen attention to details
- Good proficiency in MS Office applications
- Exceptional command of spoken and written English
- Holds a valid driver’s license
How do I apply?
If you’re eligible to apply, register your profile on the company’s recruitment platform. Click on the link below to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, get in touch with Howden South Africa by contacting Mirriam Sejamoholo at:
+27 11 240 4258
- How long will it take to complete?
The trainee programme will run for a period of 12 months.
- Where will it take place?
The successful candidate will be based in Howden Donkin’s Port Elizabeth facility.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Howden SA Engineer Trainee Programme 2021 programme advert.