Applications are now open for the HSRC Masters Research Internship intake for 2024. If you’re interested, make sure to go over the minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities of the role before applying.
Established in 1968 to serve as the country’s statutory research agency, the HSRC developed into a leading research organization in the humanities and social sciences on the African continent. The organization conducts relevant cutting-edge public research in areas essential to progress.
HSRC Masters Research Internship 2024
The successful candidate joining the HSRC Masters Research Internship 2024 will have an opportunity to develop their research expertise further by working closely with project specialists and subject matter experts. During the internship, the successful candidate is responsible for performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Data collection and analysis
- Supervising or managing research projects
- Taking active participation in the planning and implementation of research projects
- Provide assistance in submitting research recommendations for ethical review
- Provide support with formulating research questions and creating proposals
- Writing up research results, including conference presentations, research reports, manuscripts, and policy briefs for journal publication
- Presenting project results in various forums e.g. conferences, seminars, webinars, and other forums
The HSRC Masters Research Internship 2024 opportunity is looking to fill 3 positions for its offices in Durban, Cape Town, Pretoria, and Sweetwaters.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for the role:
- Holds a relevant Honours degree
- Eligible to enroll or currently pursuing a master’s degree (Public Health) at a recognized South African university
- A strong background in research methods is a definite advantage
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office applications
- Must have experience working with various software packages such as STATA, SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas TI, NVIVO, or other relevant statistical software applications
The deadline for submission of applications is on 23 October 2023.
134 Pretorius Street
South Africa 0002
Tel: +27 (0)12 302 2000
If the HSRC Masters Research Internship 2024 intake is no longer available, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate programme learnership, and internship listings that are open for applications.