The Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) is calling on suitable candidates to join their PhD Internship for 2022. Should you be interested, be sure to check the minimum requirements of the role and key details of the internship role before submitting your application.
Established in 1968 to serve as the country’s statutory research agency, the HSRC developed into a leading research organization in the humanities and social sciences on the African continent. The organization conducts relevant cutting-edge public research in areas essential to progress.
HSRC PhD Internship 2022
The successful candidate will be a contributing member of the Center for Science,Technology and Innovation Indicator – a specialist research center under HSRC management committed to establishing policy-relevant research as well as statistical analysis within the confines of science, technology, and innovation.
The duties and responsibilities of the PhD Intern are as follows:
- Work on all facets of the Innovation survey, Research and Development survey, other projects, as well as conducting survey results analysis and other data
- Generate reports, policy briefs, and fact sheets
- Demonstrate progress towards completion of a Doctoral degree
- Produce peer reviewed articles for accredited publications
- Prepare research results for conferences, presentations, and workshops
- Compile all duties and deliverables assigned
The PhD Intern role is a three-year commitment and will have access to an attractive, market-related benefits package based on qualifications and experience.
Who should apply?
- Holds a master’s degree related to the fields of science, innovation, technology, and development and already registered, or intending to register for a PhD qualification with recognized South African university
- Preferably with a background and good grasp of the National System of Innovation
- Knowledgeable in data management and analysis and or statistical processes is a definite plus
- Two to three years of experience preparing research reports for publication
- Preferably has peer reviewed articles published in recognized journals
- Experience in presenting survey results at conferences
- Genuine enthusiasm, interest, and curiosity in the field of research, including working with data analysis and statistical tools
- Sound communication skills and ability to work independently as much as within a team environment
- Acceptable level of proficiency with MS Excel, SPSS, Word, Access, and STATA
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates will need to register their profile on HSRC’s online recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started:
Be sure to attach the following documents to your application:
- Motivational letter showing the position you’re applying for
- Copy of current income (cost to company basis, if applicable)
- Single-page outline of PhD thesis, or proposed thesis
- Copy of academic records
- Three active and contactable referees with their respective email addresses, phone and fax numbers
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 March 2022.
For more details not covered by this advert, send an email to:
Dr. Glenda Kruss at email@example.com.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the HSRC PhD Internship 2022 advert page.