The Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) is calling on qualified candidates interested in joining their PhD Research Internship for 2021. Be sure to check the minimum requirements of the role before submitting your application.
Established in 1968 to serve as the country’s statutory research agency, the HSRC developed into a leading research organization in the humanities and social sciences on the African continent. The organization conducts related cutting-edge public research in areas essential to progress.
HSRC PhD Research Internship 2021
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to further improve his/her research expertise by working closely with research subject professionals and project experts. For the duration of the internship, the incumbent’s duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Participate in project conceptualization
- Take part in research question formulation and creating funding proposals
- Submit research proposals for ethical review
- Implement policy dialogues and research projects
- Collection and data analysis
- Write up research results, including conference presentations, research reports, manuscripts, and policy briefs for journal publication
- Provide assistance with project administration and management
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to qualify:
- Must be a South African citizen
- A master’s degree graduate and is currently enrolled for a PhD in Social Science, Humanities or any relevant area of study
- Must be knowledgeable in MS Office applications including Access, Excel, Stata, SPSS, or SAS
- Solid organizational and planning skills; delivers results even under pressure
- Good report writing and oral communication skills
- Solid conceptual grounding in the discipline, including qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Able to manage tight deadlines
- Must be ready for cross-institutional, multi-year partnership projects between the HSRC, tertiary learning institutions, and various partners
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on HSRC’s recruitment portal. Click here to get started.
- Access the application page using a Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser and not on a smartphone
- After registering a profile, you can only upload your CV. All other documents must be uploaded to the “Documents” tab.
- All attachments must not exceed 2mb
Applications that do not comply with the requirements will not be accepted. Consider the application as unsuccessful if no feedback gets to you within 8 weeks after submitting your application.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 13 November 2020.
For enquiries get in touch directly with HSRC at HREnquiries@hsrc.ac.za.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the HSRC PhD Research Internship 2021advert.