The Human Sciences Research Council (or HSRC) is calling on suitable candidates to join their Programme Manager Internship programme for 2022. Should you be interested, be sure to check the minimum eligibility requirements and key details of the internship role before submitting your application.
Established in 1968 to serve as the country’s statutory research agency, the HSRC developed into a leading research organization in the humanities and social sciences on the African continent. The organization conducts relevant cutting-edge public research in areas essential to progress. In addition, the HSRC is mandated to aid in the successful development and oversight of government policies, promote public debate through the dissemination of factual data and research results. The HSRC is also responsible for conductive big, policy-based, and social scientific studies for users in the public sector, international development agencies, to name a few.
HSRC Programme Manager Internship 2022
Based in Pretoria, Gauteng, HSRC’s Programme Manager Internship is a three-month contract where the successful candidate will be performing various duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to:
- Take charge of strategic planning as part of the Programme Management division of the DSI-HSRC Internship programme
- Serve as a coordination and knowledge hub for a number of programme management functions
- Manage and facilitate all aspects of the internship in line with the programme’s goals and objectives
- Work closely with Principal Investigators to make sure that the programme is rolled out as designed
- Supervise and oversee staff as programme activities are implemented according to plan and ensure milestones and deadlines are adhered to
- Ensure optimal rollout of the internship programme according to programme logframe through sound management of manpower and other resources
- Work closely with the Finance Manager for the effective management of the programme’s financial resources
- Ensure that the Online Management Platform is constantly functional
- Effectively manage the execution and tracking of the Capacity Development Programme designed specifically for host mentors and interns
- Engage the payroll department to make sure all payroll requirements are complied with
- Set up team and management meetings and ensure agreed upon decisions are implemented and complied with
- Organize and submit quarterly narrative and progress reports to the DSI
- Manage data to ensure sufficient backups are available and that team member are able to access relevant project information and data
Who should apply?
To qualify for this internship, applicants must be able to meet its minimum eligibility standards and skills/behavioural requirements:
- Holds a Master’s degree in any of the following:
- Business Management/Administration
- Social Sciences
- Development Programme Management
- Development Studies
- Or any other cognate studies
- Significant relevant work experience in spearheading and implementing complex and large development programmes with multi-year funding
- Comprehensive understanding of management and public administration processes and its application to development programmes
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills with demonstrated ability to write quality reports
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and other relevant productivity software
- Good track record in stakeholder management
- Must have four to five years of demonstrated programme management experience, preferably acquired from a research environment (indicate role and outline details in your CV)
- Assertive in dealing with co-workers (superiors and subordinates) as well as external stakeholders in completing tasks at hand
- A self-starter with the capacity to deliver desirable results and contribute as part of a team or with minimum supervision
- A clear grasp of post-schooling and the labor market environment is a definite advantage
- A South African citizen
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register an account on HSRC’s online recruitment portal to apply. Also, be sure to prepare the following:
- A letter of motivation highlighting eligibility for the role as indicated in the eligibility requirements above
- A recent and comprehensive CV and certified copy of the candidate’s South African ID
- Complete details of three (3) referees with corresponding active contact information including their email address, cell/telephone number, and institutional affiliation
Note that the system does not accept multiple and separate attachments so be sure that your CV is in PDF format while the other support documents are in one file. Attachments must not be more than 1 MB.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 15 April 2022.
HSRC highly recommends that submissions must be done prior to the deadline. If no feedback about your application is received within eight (8) weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Applicants who do pass the initial screening will be notified by HSRC accordingly.
For any questions about this internship opportunity, send an email enquiry to Shirin Motala at email@example.com.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the HSRC Programme Manager Internship 2022 advert page.