Applications are now open for the Human Rights Watch Africa Division Internship 2024 intake in Johannesburg, Gauteng. If you’re interested, make sure to review the role’s minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities of the role before applying.
About Human Rights Watch
Established in 1978, Human Rights Watch is a global NGO carries out research and advancement of human rights. It puts pressure on governments, business organizations, policymakers, and individual human rights abusers stop abuse and respect human rights. The Organization usually helps children, refugees, political prisoners, and migrants.
Human Rights Watch Africa Division Internship 2024
As part of the Human Rights Watch Africa Division Internship 2023 intake, the successful candidate will be based in HRW’s offices in Johannesburg focusing on health rights and gender-based violence in South Africa. Successful candidates are to render at least 18 to 35 hours of work per week which starts on January 2024 and ends on May 2024. The role’s primary focus is on current projects and research in Malawi, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform desk research as well as small research tasks
- Carry out press monitoring, compiling reports on news regarding Malawi, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- Perform data analysis
- Attend and support the planning of meetings
- Take on other assignments based on the intern’s interests and capabilities
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Currently an enrolled student pursuing an accredited qualification for the length of the internship
- Reliable, self-motivated, well-organized, with a sharp eye for detail
- Keen interest in human rights
- Knowledgeable with internet research, and MS Office productivity tools
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to complete an online application on HRW’s recruitment page. Click the link below to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is 15 December 2023.
Application feedback will only be sent to shortlisted applicants.
If you experience technical issues during the application process, send an email to email@example.com (non-technical difficulty issues will not be answered).
If this internship is no longer available, please do not post any queries. You may want to view our other graduate programme, internship, and learnership listings that are currently open for applications.