The Health and Welfare Sector Education and Training Authority is calling qualified postgraduate students who would like to apply for its Postgraduate Bursary Programme for the academic year 2019-2020.
The HWSETA is one of South Africa’s Sector Education Training Authority or SETA. This government institution is responsible for providing education, training and skills development in the health, veterinary and social development sectors of South Africa.
HWSETA Postgraduate Bursary Programme 2019 – 2020
The HWSETA Bursary is awarded to applicants intending to conduct research related to the following fields:
- Veterinary Sciences, Marine Biology, Marine Aquaculture
- Health Sciences: Physiotherapy, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Optometry, Audiology, Speech Language Therapy, Radiography
- Nursing Sciences: Primary Health Care, Nursing Education, Maternal and Child Health, Health Professions Education, Community Health Nursing, Rural Health, Mental Health Nursing
- Mental Health: Community Psychiatry and Public Mental Health, Forensic Mental Health, Adult and Child-Adolescent Psychiatry
- Psychology: Clinical, Forensic, Counselling, Community, Educational
- Public Health: Health Economics, Medical Informatics, Clinical Epidemiology, eHealth, Biostatistics, Telemedicine, Bioethics and Health Law, Health Systems
- Environmental Health, Biology, Chemistry, Occupational Health and Safety
- Medical Sociology, Environmental Sociology, Population Studies, Demography
- Social Work: Social Health Care, Clinical Social Work, Social Work and Occupational Social Work (in Forensic Practice), Play Therapy and Child Protection Law
- Social Welfare: Child & Youth Care, Social Services and Development, Poverty and Inequality, Disability Care
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to get considered for the bursary program:
- Research in postgraduate diploma, B Tech, M Tech, honours, D Tech, Masters, post-doctoral and doctoral are preferred
- Must be a South African citizen
- Pursuing studies at a recognized higher education institution or training institution in South Africa
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Academic merit
- Scope of the research and relevance to the field
- Skills priority area
- Impact and potential innovation to the sector
How to Apply
Qualified applicants may apply by first downloading the application form here.
You will need to submit the following to along with the application form:
- Certified copy of your SA ID
- Proof of admission to a tertiary education institution (stamped)
- A draft of the research proposal
- Break down of budget to complete the research project
All applications will be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to use the phrase “HWSETA Postgraduate Bursary Application” and your full name in the subject line.
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 31 July 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Get in touch with the HWSETA should you have any further questions about the bursary:
Dr. Sipho Buthelezi
Tel: 011 607 6900