Hyundai South Africa is now accepting applications for its upcoming Automotive Apprenticeship programmes for 2022. If you’re interested in being part of the apprenticeship, be sure to check if you meet the minimum eligibility requirements before applying.
About Hyundai South Africa
A subsidiary of Hyundai and established in 1999, Hyundai Automotive South Africa is headquartered in Bedfordview, Gauteng. The car manufacturer and dealer network is a partnership between Hyundai and Associated Motor Holdings which replaced Hyundai Motor Distributor, or HMD. With 52 branches nationwide, HMD was a powerhouse, offering cost-effective vehicles with three-year extended warranties, which allowed it to capture 10% of the market share in South Africa.
Hyundai Automotive Apprenticeships
Hyundai Automotive is currently seeking a Level 1 Apprentice who will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Meet set performance targets based on recommended processes and service level agreements
- Ensure the safety of customer assets according to company policies/procedures
- Determine and implement known solutions to operational issues and escalate unresolved concerns
- Manage portfolio evidence
- Carry out tasks in compliance with specific apprentice curriculum which covers workplace safety regulations and all other determined actions as suggested by the learner agreement
- Document and report work activities in order to furnish current and accurate data for use in decision-making in the aspect of accountability
The scope of the role includes, but are not limited to:
- Uninstall, repair, and replace cylinder heads
- Disassemble service repair as well as service engine block with main parts
- Uninstall, test, restore, and replace fuel system parts
- Gain a full working knowledge of engine efficiency and forged charging systems
- Uninstall and restore clutch and transmission components
- Perform brake system diagnosis and repair
Hyundai South Africa’s Apprenticeship programmes currently offer multiple openings in the following areas:
- Western Cape
Who should apply
Applicants will need to meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to apply for apprenticeship:
- Must be 16 years of age and above
- Completed at least Grade 10 with Mathematics, Physical Science, and English
What is the selection process?
Hyundai Automotive South Africa strictly complies with its Employment Equity policies when hiring internal and external applicants. Moreover, the company prioritizes promoting from within and may consider internal candidates before reviewing external applicants as long as it supports the company’s EE goals.
*** RELATED GRADUATE JOB OPPORTUNITIES ***
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to apply will need to register their profile on Hyundai South Africa’s online recruitment portal. Click on the link below and choose the region that applies to you.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 December 2022.
Know more about Hyundai South Africa by clicking here.