IBM, one of the largest tech companies in the world, is inviting suitable candidates who would be interested in sending their application and possibly join the tech giant’s “Aspiring IT Architect’s” Graduate Programme for 2020. For more details about the internship and the company itself, keep on reading below.
IBM, or Industrial Business Machines Corporation, is an American tech company headquartered in New York and currently operating in more than 175 countries. The company is widely known for manufacturing and marketing computer hardware, software and middleware.
It also provides consulting and hosting services starting with mainframe computers to cutting edge nanotechnology. In an effort to keep and maintain an innovative workforce, the IBM graduate programmes have been running now throughout the year.
IBM was established as a result of the merger of four US-based companies in 1911 under the name Computing-Tabulating-Records Company. In 1924, the name was shortened to International Business Machines.
IBM SA “Aspiring IT Architects” Graduate Programme 2020
The graduate programme provides the successful candidates with an opportunity to learn about IBM’s state-of-the-art technologies under the mentorship of the senior members from the company’s Enterprise Architecture team. Moreover, participants will be given these duties and responsibilities:
- Attract enterprise and startup clients
- Further improve the way IBM works with the development community
- Establish superior demo apps, solution scenarios, training materials and demo apps in addition to the IBM platform to showcase value and inspire excitement
- Present IBM technology with authenticity and enthusiasm to client IT managers, senior management and developer managers
- Grow as a thought leader and speak for client IT architects for demanding user cases within the IBM solutions organization
- Develop new market opportunities and determine innovative solutions to increase client engagements
- Organize customer and partner prototyping as well as proof of concepts
- Be present and speak at user meetups, conferences and hackathons and learn how to improve such activities and make them successful
- Create articles, blogs and best practices that help users maximize on IBM offerings
- Work with IBM and partner teams in developing demo applications that showcase the company’s platforms and technologies
- Give candid and frank feedback about IBM products/services on behalf of end-users
- Develop new enablement collateral e.g. lasb, tutorials, hack-a-thons and classes
Who should apply?
IBM SA is looking for candidates who meet these basic requirements:
- Graduate of a relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Eager to determine a customer’s business requirements
- Knowledgeable and passionate about new technologies
- Knows how to collaborate in order to create new solutions
- Must know how to converse within a wide range of communities and technologies while possessing expertise in a particular subject matter
- With a genuine interest in resolving technical issues utilizing congnitive and cloud computing technologies
- Understands business logic with solid communication skills
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who wish to pursue this internship can apply by registering an account on IBM’s recruitment portal. Click here to start the application process.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For enquiries about the application process, click here.
Click here to view the IBM SA “Aspiring IT Architects” Graduate Programme 2020 advert.
- How long will it take to complete this internship?
The internship will run for a period of 12 months.
- Where will the successful interns get assigned?
Those chosen to join the programme will be working in IBM South Africa’s Johannesburg offices in Gauteng.