IBM South Africa is calling on qualified and interested individuals to join its Graduate Programmes for 2020. More information about this graduate programme can be found below.
IBM, or Industrial Business Machines Corporation, is an American tech company headquartered in New York and currently operating in more than 170 countries. The company is widely known for manufacturing and marketing computer hardware, software and middleware.
It also provides consulting and hosting services starting with mainframe computers to cutting edge nanotechnology. In an effort to keep and maintain an innovative workforce, the IBM graduate programmes have been running now all throughout the year.
IBM was established as a result from the merger of four US-based companies in 1911 under the name Computing-Tabulating-Records Company. In 1924, the name was shortened to International Business Machines.
IBM South Africa Graduate Programme 2020
The successful candidates joining the IBM Graduate programme will gain working experience and exposure from game-changing technologies and innovative solutions which are the core of every business organization.
The selected applicants will become part of IBM’s Watson Group, a team made up of doers and thinkers capable of helping cities become smarter and businesses evolve their ways of serving customers. Moreover, successful candidates can look forward to the following:
- Get hands-on experience working with the latest of Machine Learning, Internet of Things, Augmented Intelligence, Robotics, Big Data tech and more
- Determine where you can fit in IBM; whether in Storage, Virtualization, Infrastructure, Project and Cloud Management and Data Centre Operations
- Consult with clients in order to develop their value chain and ready them for future challenges by improving their existing applications and processes
- Provide client success for the whole duration of the application life cycle, starting with defining requirements, designing the solution, implementation, testing to deploying solution
Who should apply?
To qualify, applicants must meet the graduate programme’s minimum requirements:
- Holds a Technical or Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Life Sciences or Philosophy
- Highly adaptable with solid English communication (written and verbal) skills
- Must be client-focused
- Knowledge in coding
- Basic knowledge of Python, Java Enterprise Edition, Cloud and Eclipse platforms
- Keen interest in utilizing technology in creating enterprise-wide solutions
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- Highly flexible with good problem-solving skills
- Preferably knowledgeable in Linux, LUW, AIX, Security, WAS, Tim/Tamand Guardium
Click the link to view the IBM Graduate Programme 2020 advert.
How to Apply
Applicants who satisfy the basic qualifications listed above will need to register an account on IBM’s recruitment portal. Returning applicants can simply log in to start applying. Click here to get started.
Although no deadline for submission has been set, the advert or application link may not work if the position had already been filled.
Click the link if you want to know more about IBM.
To view a PDF file of the IBM Graduate Programmes, kindly click on the link.