IBM, one of the largest tech companies in the world, is inviting suitable candidates who would be interested in sending their application and possibly join the tech giant’s Hybrid Cloud Integration Internship. For more details about the internship and the company itself, keep on reading below.
IBM, or Industrial Business Machines Corporation, is an American tech company headquartered in New York and currently operating in more than 175 countries. The company is widely known for manufacturing and marketing computer hardware, software and middleware.
It also provides consulting and hosting services starting with mainframe computers to cutting edge nanotechnology. In an effort to keep and maintain an innovative workforce, the IBM graduate programmes have been running now all throughout the year.
IBM was established as a result of the merger of four US-based companies in 1911 under the name Computing-Tabulating-Records Company. In 1924, the name was shortened to International Business Machines.
IBM SA Hybrid Cloud Integration Internship
The successful candidates will be joining IBM South Africa’s Expert Labs as a Hybrid Cloud Integration Intern. The IBM Expert Labs team is a group of highly skilled consultants with wide architectural expertise and deep technical knowledge. These are specialists who get to use new IBM software products for clients in the field to make sure their complex projects are rolled out successfully.
The responsibilities of the Hybrid Cloud Integration Intern are as follows:
- Develop, execute and support regular DevOps activities
- Cover admin activities of the tools used on the technical platform
- Be in charge of automation design and low-level tools delivery
- Able to perform in a fast-paced and dynamic Agile delivery environment
- Install and administer industry-leading DevOps tools
- Document processes and architectures using face-to-face interviews
- Demonstrate expertise in one or several DevOps technologies
- Develop DevOps architecture using reference model and show adherence with similar tech architecture domains e.g. security, DR or HA
- Create cost estimates and effort for small delivery teams
- Complete small DevOps initiatives including maturity assessment, future blueprint and roadmap creation
- Train client or internal teams in DevOps methodologies
Who should apply?
This internship opportunity requires the professional and technical expertise listed below:
- Able to create and improve Continuous Integration automation within platforms such as Nodejs, Java and Swift
- Able to develop and enhance Continuous Deployment automation using Docker and Kubernetes
- Knows how to create and enhance alerting solutions and dynamic monitoring using leading industry movers
- Develop automation to protect the security of a geographically spread hosting environment
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum qualifications and would like to apply for the position, click on the link to create an account on IBM South Africa’s recruitment portal.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing
For enquiries about the application process, click here.
You can view the IBM SA Hybrid Cloud Integration Internship programme 2020 advert by clicking the link.