The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa calling on suitable candidates to submit an application and qualify for its multi-discipline Graduate Programmes intake for 2020. Kindly review the details of the programme below before applying.
Established in 2000, the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa, or ICASA, is the South African government’s independent regulatory body. It was brought upon by the ICASA Act which seeks to regulate the broadcasting and telecommunications sectors in the interest of the public.
Functioning under the Department of Communications, the ICASA was eventually mandated to regulate Postal Services which previously under the regulation of the Postal Authority. The previous 7-man council of ICASA made room for two more members from the Postal Authority.
ICASA Graduate Programmes 2020
ICASA’s Graduate Programmes offer recent graduates, particularly the unemployed ones, the opportunity to acquire valuable work experience as well as theoretical training that could well serve as a good foundation for a gainful career in the ICT sector. The successful graduates will also have access to a support structure of coaches during training. These coaches are essential in giving advice on hurdling challenges at work.
Performance appraisals are carried out regularly including career guidance and supportive feedback for the duration of the programme.
To date, ICASA is offering graduate programmes to new graduates from the following fields of study:
- Communications and International Relations
- Human Resources
- Policy Research and Analysis
- Engineering and Technology
- Information Technology
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to meet the minimum requirements, at the very least, to be considered eligible to submit an application:
- Finance Graduate Programme applicants must hold a BCom in Accounting or Supply Chain Management qualification
- Communications and International Relations Graduate Programme applicants must hold a National Diploma or degree in Communications Science, Media Studies or Public Relations
- Human Resources Graduate Programme applicants must have a BA or BComm degree in Industrial Psychology, Human Resources or Organizational Psychology
- Policy Research and Analysis Graduate Programme applicants need a BCom qualification in Economics, Finance or Statistics
- Licensing Graduate Programme applicants must have completed a BTech or BSc in Electronics Engineering or LLB degree
- Engineering and Technology Graduate Programme applicants must have completed a qualification in BTech Electronic Engineering or BSc Electrical Light current
- Information Technology Graduate Programme applicants must have a National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- Attended a tertiary education institution recognized by ICASA
- A South African resident
- Good level of computer literacy
- Keen attention to the smallest of details
- Capable of working productively even under pressure
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Resilient and capable of influencing others
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum qualifications and would like to pursue any of the graduate programmes, be sure to have the following support documents ready for uploading:
- Comprehensive CV
- Letter of motivation
- Academic results
- Proof of important extra-curricular school activities participated in that showcase interpersonal skills and resilience
To start the application process, click on the link to access ICASA’s careers page. Choose the appropriate graduate programme you want to apply for.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 15 July 2020.
For further details about the graduate programmes, call ICASA directly at (012) 568 3000.