UK-based IG Group is inviting qualified South African graduates to submit an application and qualify for a spot in the company’s Sales Trader Traineeship Programme. Read on below to know more about the traineeship opportunity as well as the company offering the programme.
The IG Group (Investors Gold Index) provides financial derivatives trading which includes financial spread betting, contracts for difference (CFD), and only recently, stockbroking to retail traders. A big portion of IG Group’s operations are in the UK, but it has expanded its operations to other parts of the world. Duly regulated by the FCA, IG is listed on the London Stock Exchange. Many experts consider IG as the leading CFD provider in the world. It operates in 16 countries in order to keep up with its global client base starting from retail investors to active traders.
IG Group Sales Trader Traineeship 2020
As Sales Trader Trainee, the successful candidates will be instrumental in providing world-class support to the company’s far-reaching client base. This is an entry-level position where the duties and responsibilities of the incumbent are as follows:
- Acts as front line support answering customer calls, email, webchat and social media queries
- Provide execution-only service over the phone (after related support and training sessions)
- Resolve trade disputes
- Perform technical support functions with chart packages and front-end platforms
- Be proactive with client discussions on financial markets and innovations
- Conduct client admin tasks and audit checks
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to satisfy the following minimum eligibility requirements in order to be considered for the internship:
- Must have a tertiary-level education
- Able to speak native-level English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to deliver results even under pressure
- Takes an analytical and logical approach in problem-solving
- Comfortable putting to use basic match skills such as mental arithmetic
- Effective time management skills
- Preferably with working experience in the financial industry
- Applicants with a background in sales and another European, Arabic or Chinese will be a distinct advantage
How do I apply?
If you satisfy the initial requirements and would like to push through with the application, click the link to access the online application form.
No deadline for submission of applications have been set as of this writing.
For enquiries, contact IG’s Johannesburg offices at +27 11 061 0108.
Click the link to find a PDF copy of the IG Group Sales Trader Traineeship Programme advert.
- How long will it take to complete traineeship?
The internship will run for a duration of 12 months
- Where will the traineeship take place?
The successful candidate will be based in the company’s Johannesburg offices.