IHS Markit is calling on qualified students to send in their applications if they are interested in gaining relevant skills through its Analyst-Summer Internship 2020. Read on below for more details about the summer internship opportunity.
With its headquarters in London, IHS Markit is a multinational global information provider that was established in 2016 as a result of the IHS Inc and Markhit merger in 2016. The company primarily provides and assigns IMO identification numbers to companies, ships and registered owners. Throughout its existence, the company has dramatically expanded its operations by acquiring companies in the expert and information sector.
Information Handling Services, or IHS, was established in 1959 providing microfilm databases for aerospace engineers. Markit is a financial data provider dealing with credit default swap pricing.
IHS Markit Analyst (Research and Analysis) Summer Internship Programme
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with company experts and gain on-the-job experience performing high impact duties that allows intern to apply and develop their skills.
Career opportunities in this stream lie within the company’s Corporate Solution team which is actually in charge of providing content, data and consultation to public companies
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidates may include the following:
- Providing assistance to analysts with research
- Generating reports for clients
- Monitoring equity markets
Who should apply?
The summer internship programme needs candidates who possess diverse backgrounds and insights with a strong need to learn and thrive. The Summer Internship is also designed to help interns identify their strength, gain highly transferable skills and possibly prepare themselves for a rewarding career path to IHS Markit.
To apply, candidates must meet these minimum requirements in order to get considered for the internship position:
- Must be an active student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree to be completed before September 2021
- Must have 0-6 months relevant work experience
- Knows how to use Microsoft Excel
- Experience in VBA coding a definite plus, but not a requirement
- Must possess a keen interest in financial markets
- Excellent analytical, critical and problem solving skills
- Attentive to details
- Proficient n Microsoft Excel
- Able to quickly learn and adapt in a fast paced work environment
- Capable of building solid working relationships in collaborative environment
- Able to commit to the whole duration of the internship
What is the selection process?
IHS Markit employs a selection process that is designed to allow candidates like you to learn more about the company, demonstrate your skills and help determine the role that fits your qualifications:
- Step 1: Submit application online along with updated CV and cover letter
- Step 2: Initial screening
- Step 3: Final assessment day
Applicants who get profiled for multiple roles that belong to the same stream will be assessed within the same process. If the roles belong to different streams, a separate assessment in line with those roles will be given.
How to apply?
To apply, qualified applicants will need to register an account on the company’s recruitment portal. Click here to access it and set up your account. If you happen to already have an account, simply log in and apply.
Deadline for submission of applications is on 8 December 2019. Only qualified candidates will receive feedback about their application.
For further details about this graduate programme, call IHS Markit directly at +1 212 849 0399. This contact number will only entertain questions about the internship and accommodation requests. Do not call to follow up the status of your application.
You may view the IHS-Markit Analyst (Research and Analysis) Internship Programme advert by clicking the link.