Infotech company IHS Markit is inviting suitable graduates who are interested in sending their application to get a chance to qualify for the company’s Analyst – Shareholder Intelligence Graduate Programme opportunity for the 2020 financial year.
With its headquarters in London, IHS Markit is a multinational global information provider that was established in 2016 as a result of the IHS Inc and Markhit merger in 2016. The company primarily provides and assigns IMO identification numbers to companies, ships and registered owners. Throughout its existence, the company has dramatically expanded its operations by acquiring companies in the expert and information sector.
Information Handling Services, or IHS, was established in 1959 providing microfilm databases for aerospace engineers. Markit is a financial data provider dealing with credit default swap pricing.
IHS Markit – Analyst Shareholder Intelligence Graduate Programme
The successful candidate will be working within the Corporate Solutions team, becoming part of the shareholder identification group. This specific group is in charge of advising companies about their equity trading activity and institutional shareholder base. The teams sits down with clients, advising and providing intelligence on trends and strategies of institutional shareholders:
The successful candidate will be performing the following tasks:
- Establish and study buyers and sellers of clients’ stocks and provide important context and insight about the movements
- Generate ad hoc updates and regular reports on significant shareholder movements and trends in equity capital flows
- Provide clients with investor intelligence reports in line with investor relations
Who should apply?
The graduate programme needs applicants with diverse backgrounds and insights with a keen interest to learn and thrive. Moreover, the programme is a good opportunity to get exposure to various situations that will allow interns acquire transferable skills and set them on a career path for good future at IHS Markit.
Applicants must be able to meet following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Must be studying Bachelor’s degree of Master’degree, or its equivalent, and will be graduating not later than September
- Relevant work experience must be 0-12 months
- Must possess a keen interest in financial markets
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Attentive to details
- Proficient n Microsoft Excel
- Able to quickly learn and adapt in a fast paced work environment
- Capable of building solid working relationships in collaborative environment
- Able to commit to the whole duration of the internship
What is the selection process?
IHS Markit employs a selection process that is designed to allow candidates like you to learn more about the company, demonstrate your skills and help determine the role that fits your qualifications:
- Step 1: Submit application online along with updated CV and cover letter
- Step 2: Initial screening
- Step 3: Final assessment day
Applicants who get profiled for multiple roles that belong to the same stream will be assessed within the same process. If the roles belong to different streams, a separate assessment in line with those roles will be given.
How to Apply
To apply, qualified applicants will need to register an account on the company’s recruitment portal. Click here to access it and set up your account. If you happen to already have an account, simply log in and apply.
Deadline for submission of applications is on 24 November 2019. Only qualified applicants will receive consideration and feedback
For further details about this graduate programme, call IHS Markit directly at +1 212 849 0399. This contact number will only entertain questions about the internship and accommodation requests. Do not call to follow up the status of your application.
View the IHS Markit Analyst Shareholder Intelligence Graduate Programme 2020 advert by clicking the link.